Recent content by KHCRTDI

1. K

Sold: 14 JSW TDI parts car, Hustisford, WI

Very interested. PM’ed.
  2. K

Help determining whether it is worth to repair a 2002 GOLF GLS TDI for $3K+

I think that a driveway job can be just as good as a professional job. Pretty sure Autozone offers a lifetime warranty on there brake pads now similar to FCP Euro. And also, Harbor Freight tools needed to do a break job would work just as fine as OEM, or name brand. It’s not always the quality...
  3. K

2022 TDIfest Discussion Thread

Kirk said he was planning on a GTG this year! Woohoo! Post 103 https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/west-michigan-fall-tdi-gtg-oct-5th-2019.501061/page-4
  4. K

Under seat storage trays.

Also, this is what I’m talking about.
  5. BC2437B0-FB53-43EB-ACF5-F838D63F4EFE.jpeg

BC2437B0-FB53-43EB-ACF5-F838D63F4EFE.jpeg

6. K

I’m pretty sure if you have your CPL, it can be both. It’s just kind of uncomfortable having it on your person while driving.
  7. K

Does anyone here have the under seat compartments for the mk6 golf or JSW? Wondering if they are large enough to hold a compact “thunder stick”. (Not sure what rules are for firearm talk) Obviously not to store when I’m not in the car. More so to just have a place to store while driving.
  8. K

WTB Parts for my new ALH project NW NJ.

Yes, gasket maker will do a time or 2.
  9. K

WTB Parts for my new ALH project NW NJ.

You can replace just the valve cover gasket but wow is it a job. You will be scraping for hours. Normally you would replace the valve cover with the molded On gasket. It technically is a one piece design. ( cover and gasket) I have an aftermarket valve cover that I do not need. I would do $60...
  10. K

Piping a common rail like the good ole days

EGR is overrated. Your putting corrosive gasses back in the engine as a “filler.” The Big diesel manufacturers are actually trying to get rid of them on new engines. And thanks, @adjat84th, I was wondering about that. I heard the 02Qs do not hold up to a single mass? Do stock DMFs stand up to...
  11. K

WTB 02A selector shaft and shift tower, '02-'03 pancake pipe

You need the stock black plastic tdi one, or would you be interested in the 1.8T metal pancake pipe? I have both.
  12. K

I have a manual. Ya I was just adding some stuff in the cart at darkside and things got expensive. I’ll have to settle with just “mild” enhancements for now.
  13. K

@DivineChaos, does your current car have a bigger turbo? Does that help with mpgs? I plan on keeping the car until it rots away.
  14. K

Right now I’m completely stock. Got a malone stage 2 and rawtek exhaust I need to install once I find a timing belt. I have seen a couple guys saying doing the intake swirl flap delete can add a couple mpg. I’m only getting 36-37 currently. Just want to get her up higher during these high fuel...