Recent content by Kevinski

1. K

Who Here Has Written To VW About The BS Issue?

Festivus, you are not alone. There comes a point and time when a person decides it is no longer worth it (like myself). That level and the reasons vary from person to person. To each his own, I enjoy not having to worry about the BS problem any more, and my new car HAS A TIMING CHAIN! Kevinski
  2. K

2005 TDI GLS For Sale

Car is gone. Good luck to all, thank you all that have shared information. You have all been very helpful. Kevinski
  3. K

2005 TDI GLS For Sale

Newbury, thanks for the heads up, it has been corrected. Yes it's a Passat. Wish I could change the title to include Passat. I am pricing it to move, need to get a mini-van. Yes, it was an air leak in the T fitting on the fuel filter. Better to be lucky than good! Will get some pics when the...
  4. K

2005 TDI GLS For Sale

2.0 TDI Passat Stonehenge Gray 4 door sedan with anthricite velour interior. Heated seats, heated mirrors, all the GLS buzzers and bells. Tiptronic, original owner, garage kept. 80,075 mostly highway miles, regular maintenence with the PROPER oil, have receipts of maintence and proof of oil...
  5. K

2005 Passat TDI GLS For Sale

Deleted, posted in wrong area. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2371166#post2371166
  6. K

2005 Passat timing belt

Posted by Oilhammer: You may want to study up on this thread first: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=223941 __________________ oilhammer www.cardocautomotive.com "Where no paint marks lose their lives during a timing belt change" Oilhammer, this is a subject that has me...
  7. K

Problem with Fuel/Lift pump

Radman, thank you for the reply. So, was your symptoms similiar to mine? I hope I'm not jumping the gun in thinking it is the pump, and I really wish there was a better way to check the pump than testing for amperage draw only. Seems a flow test would be a better way to see what is going on...
  8. K

Thanks MOGolf, so it seems based on your reply that it is not similiar to the jetta, OK. No flow specs? Just check amperage draw? I can do that. The reason for concern over the lift pump, is I don't hear it power up everytime the key is turned on. Sometimes I hear the fuel flow, sometimes...
  9. K

OK, so I searched terms like fuel pump, lift pump, no start hard start, pump, etc 2005 bhw with 80,000 miles. A little background: Recently the wife has been complaining about occasional cranking but no starts. OK, replaced fuel filter. Problem still occurs from time to time. Did a few...
  10. K

Mystery Bolt

I also noticed during an oil change that thE bolt looks similiar to one on the front nose engine mount. Did not measure the head size on it, but, the pic looks similiar to what I saw.
  11. K

Headlight beam "shifted"

As a matter of fact, car is going into the shop for a new set of rubber. Turns out Inoticed a vibration when driving, and after further inspection, discovered a broken belt (wife-thanks dear). So can it be popped back in? I'm guessing the headlight needs to be removed which means the front...
  12. K

Headlight beam "shifted"

I'm not exactly sure. I think it's either something came undone or something broke. Either way it sounds like the headlight unit needs to come off. Not to sure. I did a search, but everything seems to come up describing how to change the headlight units to "hid" or something like that.
  13. K

Headlight beam "shifted"

2005.5 headlight beam. Beam focus was normal, now the beam is way low. It now shines about 8 to 10 ft in front of vehicle. Did something break or come "undone". Seems to me a similiar problem happened to my 2002 jetta, but that was a long time ago. Can't remember what was the issue. Thanks in...
  14. K

I'm Fuming!

Yes, I first checked prices from the usual comonly mentioned parts suplliers I see mentioned here. I do business with them for my usual supplies. Then I started checking places like rockauto and other "generic" online parts places and noticed some lower prices on reman calipers. Decided to...
  15. K

I'm Fuming!

Reman caliper is in ($65.00 plus core), new jurid brake pads up front (purchased those awhile ago on sale), $8 bucks for brake fluid, and problem is solved. Rotated tires and flushed brake fluid as well. Probably would have been about 2 days and at least $300 at the stealership. Have to...