Recent content by KentSzabo

1. K

August 2013 Mileage Thread

Date: 8/16/13 Miles: 773 Gallons: 15.416 Model Year: 2000 Model: Golf Tranny: 5M Fuel Type: ULSD mpg: 50.14 Price: 3.699 city %: 0 Hwy mph: 65-75 odometer: 229,250 Date: 8/21/13 Miles: 403 Gallons: 8.138 Model Year: 2006 Model: Golf Tranny: 6DSG Fuel Type: ULSD mpg: 49.52 Price: 3.699 city %...
  2. K

The Golf/Rabbit VI

Hi Powder Hound, Here is an Americanized listing of VW Polo Diesels form volkswagen.de Polo Diesel Versions Prices from www.volkswage.de Engine___ _ Power__ HP_ Trans.___ Mileage ____MPG CO2 _____g/mi Price...
  3. K

Enough information to determine a bad MAF?

Poor The last line of my post says it is working fine now, I did clean the MAF temperature sensor with carb cleaner.
  4. K

Limp Mode, Code 17964, Hard Brake Pedal

After much reading and research under the hood, I discovered a bad vacuum line to the Brake Booster (splits at both ends). Causing loss of vacuum whch subsequently causes limp mode, code 17954 and hard brake pedal. Solution was not to buy the $39.95 new replacement but a $1 piece of 1/2 inch...
  5. K

Limp Mode, 17964 Code, Hard Brake Pedal After much reading and research under the hood, I discovered a bad vacuum line to the Brake Booster (splits at both ends). Causing loss of vacuum whch subsequently causes limp mode, code 17954 and hard brake pedal. Solution was not to buy the $39.95 new...
  6. K

I too am getting the 17964 code, after it heats up, searching aroung I have found: "VWs offical text on it is :- The solenoid valve for charge pressure control N75 applies pressure to the charge pressure control valve on the exhaust gas turbocharger (waste gate). Valve N75 receives electrical...
  7. K

VAGCOMDisable GlowPlug Check?

"I thought the CEL light will turn off after so many start cycles or so much time." That may be true, but I haven't seen it as I have been clearing the codes with the VAG-COM in hopes that it will stay off. I guess I'll ley it go for a few months to see if it clears on its own.
  8. K

VAGCOMDisable GlowPlug Check?

Does anyone know how to disable the glow plug chech using a VAGCOM? My CEL was on for GlowPlug #3 and #4, so I ordered four and installed 1 through three, but at number four it appears to be cross threaded and not having the proper tap to re-tap the hole if I force and back out the plug I...
  9. K

Diesel vs. Hybrid emmissions compared

My '02 TDI according to the EPA site mentioned above gets a 9 out of 10 on Greenhouse gasses. Isn't that we should really be concerned about rather than some carbon soot coming out of the tailpipe that has NO bearing on CO2 production. Soot and Nitrous Oxide are not greenhouse gasses and are not...
  10. K

That bogus figure of 191 g/mi for the 2006 Toyota Prius above was based on the old EPA mileage figure of 55 mpg. The reality of it is the new EPA mileage figure is 16% less, therefore the carbon dioxide emmisions goes up to 222 g/mi. This information comes from www.fueleconomy.gov 2006 Toyota...
  11. K

According to www.volkswagen.de the Golf with a 1.9 TDI produces 132 g/km of carbon dioxide this is 212.432 g/mi. Therefore all of the TDI's running around the U.S. today are more carbon conservative than the hybrids mentioned above. Also the above site states the Golf BlueMotion produces 115...
  12. K

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Fuel Prices Unfortunately Diesel prices are tied to heating oil prices, our cars are competing with archaic furnaces and heating systems.
  13. K

Do you really want a 08 tdi

I thought I did until I read this article on how emissions are to be handled on the new diesels see: http://www.mxcom.net/hearst/motor/drivetrains/002/072007_10.pdf I will keep my 02 Golf with vagcom controlled EGR and elephant hose CCV and 47 MPG. I will also keep my 03 Chevy Silverado 3500...
  14. K

Alternator Voltage Regulator Assembly Part

I don't think there is a brush/voltage regulator assembly for the Bosch alternator on the 2002 ALH engine. I have been searching for hours with no success.
  15. K

Alternator Voltage Regulator Assembly Part

I have been reading the posts regarding the Golf A4 TDI Alternator Brush/Voltage Regulator assembly. Many posts referred to prices for this part from $45 to $80, yet the only post of a URL for 1stvwparts.com lists the assembly for $147. If anyone knows where to obtain this part for the $45 to...