Recent content by keener93

1. K

Seized Alternator Pulley

Serpentine belt and tensioner were replaced today...
  2. K

Seized Alternator Pulley

Hello there, I live in the durham region , ontario. I left my 03 Jetta tdi at the Owasco dealership today to get an oil change. I received a call at home telling me 'the serpentine belt was reallly cracked and the tensioner was leaking and noisy'. So I gave them the go ahead to replace each...
  3. K

Have you heard of this Business?

it is at 341 Durham court , unit 8 One street west of Stevenson , south/west of Oshawa Centre... He is a one man shop, he rents the space.... But its not a shop , just a garage in a commercial space.. very small I am a little cautious . but he gave a good price.... he has a website, am42.....
  4. K

Have you heard of this Business?

Has anyone here ever dealt with 'AM42 VW/AUDI' in Oshawa???? If so , how was the service??
  5. K

Timing Belt (Durham Region)

Hello everyone! It is that time again for my 03 Jetta TDI to get the timing belt changed.... I have always dealt with the dealership in the past... But am curious if there are other options out there... I live in the Durham region (Courtice area) Is there any recommendations for mechanics out...
  6. K

CEL - need a vag-com in my area

the CEL came on this weekend... I am writing from the Bowmanville area.... Is there anyone around that has a Vag-com to read the code error... Thanks...
  7. K

snow screen?

I have a 2003 jetta tdi, the check engine light is coming on approx. 10 to 20 seconds after the car is started. I am going to check my air filter tomorrow, anti shudder valve.... What else can I check???? Where is this snow filter I keep hearing about??? I am a newbie, so I dont really know...
  8. K

2003 Jeta TDI, centrifugal pump???

I honestly didn't look, I just tried moving the arm in and out, I was able to push it in a little the first time... But I am looking into getting a intake cleaning... thanks again.
  9. K

thanks jason, I will look into getting an intake cleaning. Hey , is your head getting sore yet??? That's hillarious!
  10. K

Car starts now!!!! :) :D Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!!!! Well , Whitedog, I followed you'r link for trouble shooting. And played around with the 'Anti Shutter Valve' , and the car is purrin like a kitten...... I guess with the time of year , maybe there was a little bit of moisture...
  11. K

Sorry guys, I stand corrected, it is the Injection Pump. I was quoted last year by the dealership $1950 plus tax, to replace. Can it just be reset again???
  12. K

As noted, I have a 2003 Jetta TDI, 220,000kms.... Last year the car wouldn't start, needed a couple of turns, it was discovered that the INJECTION PUMP was sending retarded messages to the computer. the Pump was reset (computer-wise), and I was told that the car may die one day while driving or...