Recent content by kdawg89

1. K

My Sportwagen is Dead! ?

Failing battery? Can you try to jump start it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. K

06 Jetta TDI with oil in the intake????

How much oil? Some oil will always build up in the lower IC pipes. If it is like more than cup or something that is probably an issue. Most likely suspect is turbo shaft seal which means new turbo. Eventually if you get enough oil in the intake the engine can start running purely on engine oil...
  3. K

Battery failed - can I replace it without VCDS?

Yeah, I wouldn’t buy VCDS or OBDELEVEN just to replace the battery although it is worth owning one. I’m pretty confident you don’t need to worry about it as generally it is only cars with start stop tech the require battery coding, and the TDI doesn’t have the extra battery management wiring...
  4. K

The gas cars have start stop technology. Turns engine off at stop lights etc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. K

My understanding is that all cars have have the info in the computer and you can see it and change it, but unless you have start stop tech it doesn’t actually do anything. Either way I would also code mine when I replace it but I’m pretty sure on a TDI if you don’t have access to VCDS it...
  6. K

My 15 Golf SEL doesn’t have it. Do you have the additional wiring coming off the negative battery cable? If not it doesn’t have BMS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. K

Ignition key won't go into ignition

Google it, very common issue. Can’t remember off hand best way to fix it. I think I used something skinny to work with it. The shutters get jammed if I remember correctly. Edit read post 3 https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=207047 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. K

Some sub models do have a battery management system that require recoding for the new battery as the car will use a different charging strategy based on battery age. I do not believe any TDI has the battery management system. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. K

I’ve never heard of a TDI that has the battery management system. I believe you can just swap it without VCDS. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. K

Muffler Delete

Yep, I agree with Oilhammer, there is really no point because with the DPF intact there will be almost no change in exhaust note. Now if your warranty is going to be void anyways because of tunes or something then give it a shot. But just a muffler delete isn’t worth losing your warranty over...
  11. K

06 Jetta TDI died on freeway, won't start back up.

I use a 1/4 inch drive T30 and it does fit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. K

The belt in that picture has no teeth. You should be able to watch the cam while someone else tries to start it and see if the cam is spinning with the rest of the engine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. K

My buddy had a similar issue but the tensioner failed and it chewed the teeth off the belt by the crank. You need to have someone crank the engine while the timing cover is off and see if the cam rotates. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. K

Relay 645 clicking fast fan turns on fast car wont start after i disconnected the BAT

That is really weird. What exactly did when you disconnected the battery? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. K

need some input on GTB1749V adjustments

You could also replace fuel filter, when I first bought my BRM it ran like **** and shuddered under higher load and it was the neglected fuel filter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk