Recent content by Kalmurn

1. K

kw1281test: A Free VDS-Pro / VagTacho Alternative

Well Im happy to report that I was able to get it to work successfully with a friends cheap obd2-USB cable functioning as a COM port. I was able to get my SKC code and using that SKC code i was able to program another key using VCDS. I already have the "windows roll up and down function with...
  2. K

This is what i saw when attempting to use the RossTech drivers: VCDS-Lite-Attempt-COM3 The CH340 drivers do not work with the cable i have. Ill try again once i get a VAG-KKL cable
  3. K

I did not. However i am using a VCDS HEX+CAN VAG17 cable from Total Car Diagnostics and it works with the RossTech drivers on the VCDS 17.1.3 they provide so i was using the RossTech VCP drives. I can try it with the CH340 driver but dont have high hopes for it working
  4. K

I guess the cable i have isnt going to work then. Just attempted to use it with VCDS Lite and it did not work. Ill be back when i get a KKL cable to try with the program. Im waiting on the new keys and immobilizer chips to show up in the meantime anyway 🤷‍♂️. Im wanting to also enable the...
  5. K

I seem to be having issues attempting to connect to my cluster in my 2004 TDI Wagon. When attempting to GetSKC or ReadSoftwareVersion i get a timeout error. Im using a VCDS HEX + CAN clone cable from Total Car Diagnostics that works with VCDS 17.1.3. I can confirm that i can use the cable to...
  6. K

ALH TDI Turbo whine. Imminent death

Same problem I hate to revive such an old thread but did you ever figure it out? Your issue sounds like the closest to what I'm currently having and i cant find info on it anywhere that's similar. Any info on what it was?
  7. K

2002 ALH in a 2004 Jetta

There is no emissions testing where I live so that wouldn't be a problem. I'll look into it more about whether or not it is illegal. I live on Vancouver island in BC Canada so since I don't have emissions testing to I'm not thinking it would be"illegal ". Thanks
  8. K

2002 ALH in a 2004 Jetta

I recently got in an accident in my 2002 Jetta TDI. Long story short I'm thinking I'll just pull the engine as the damage is pretty significant. I've found a 2004 Jetta with a dead engine (TDI PD not ALH) and a manual trans that is supposedly still good. My car is an auto so I've looked into...