Recent content by k^2

1. K

Opinions on VW's 2.5l I5 wanted

Just a bit of additional info. I also use to own an 2007 Rabbit/Golf with 150hp five banger. Interestingly enough my lifetime avg fuel economy was 28mpg. On my current station wagon it is 31. That is 10% difference on a bit heavier car. VW must have tuned that engine differently.
  2. K

Low voltage on the OBD2 pin 16 and other weird issues

Had crazy issues with my lights going on. One of the fuses was sparking in the fusebox socket. Check the connections in the fusebox the fuses might be ok but the connection looses the voltage. VW = Electrical Gremlins.
  3. K

The DSG fluid change is required every 40k miles. That is way more frequent than regular transmission. Even thou I did it myself when I had my TDI it still was $180 proposition given that I already own the vag com. Timing chains generally don't snap and destroy the engine. They warn with...
  4. K

Two months after I sold back my TDI station wagon to VW I bought a year newer 2.5L wagon. Yes I do miss the torque of the TDI. The car has been trouble free for last year and half. Just last month ago I started to have electrical problems with molten fuse but that is more of a general VW...
  5. K

2015 TDI No Lock Beep & No Horn

To make you feel better I have the same problem except may DRL also don't work. I wonder if you found a solution.
  6. K

Lights gone crazy!

Ok. Looks like my problems are not entirely over. I replaced the fuse box. The car is operational with all the lights and blinkers, but the horn, the daytime running lights and the remote unlock does not work. Will the it be that the previous problems messed up something else?
  7. K

VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

I sold mine back to VW in March 2017. It had a rebuilt title. I bought it like that. I did not have any problems selling it back. It was a sweet deal for me as I bought the car with a discount for being rebuilt.
  8. K

So how much did you get from VW when you turned it back. And how much did you pay for the new one? :) I got $17000 for mine. It was 2010 with 92K and bought a geasser 2.5 2011 with 52K for $7200. :). However I still miss the TDI. But here in Michigan a gal of Diesel is exactly $1 more...
  9. K

Lights gone crazy!

I feel like a dumb ass. I previously said that the fuses were good. The light in the garage was not to good and I just saw that it was not burned out. BUT it shows signs of sparking and is partially molten. I checked my VIN # on VW site for recalls but it says that there are no recalls for...
  10. K

Lights gone crazy!

Thanks Guys. I have been studying the wiring diagrams looks like all the lights are controlled by the module J519 which I replaced. Maybe some fluctuation in voltage makes the damn thing malfunction.
  11. K

TDI JSW 2009 J519 prob?

Fast forward many years later. I have the same problem on my 2011 JSW. Swapped the J519 but it did not help.
  12. K

Lights gone crazy!

Thanks guys. The fuses are fine. As my battery died yesterday I jumped started the car. Let it run for 5 min. All lights and blinkers are fine except no DLR and no horn! This is from my VCDs scan. As the car is running the VCD advanced measuring blocksscan says: Voltage Term 30left...
  13. K

Lights gone crazy!

Found another interesting fact. The voltage on terminal 30 right is always lower than on terminal 30 left by 1 volt. Does anybody know where is terminal 30?
  14. K

Lights gone crazy!

Hello. Long time not being here. This is not for a TDI but my 2011 2.5 wagon. Since most info about this car is on this forum I will try. Make the long story short. My Front Right and Rear Tail Light stopped working. Front Left Blinker gone Rear Right Blinker gone License Plate Light gone...
  15. K

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye

Same here. Really liked my 2010 Sportwagen, but the offer was too good to refuse. In addition timing belt service was coming. Replaced it with 2011 2.5L sportwagen SE. So far I am getting 33mpg babying it.