Recent content by jwrb

1. jwrb

Colt Cams

Bloody hell, 18psi on a stock TDI. I run 40psi (Holset HE200VG) on a stock block with just 12.9 headbolts :cool:
  2. jwrb

4bar map problem reading above 3000mbar with AHU JB ecu (msa15.5)

100mbar isn't that bad of a discrepancy for a manual gauge. I would suggest buying a hydraulic pressure gauge, fluid filled. 4+ bar guage is only $10 to buy, works great with a couple fittings to adapt to hose Usually accurate to +-1mbar or less.
  3. jwrb

4bar map problem reading above 3000mbar with AHU JB ecu (msa15.5)

Hey! Try changing diagnostics factors to the following, makes it more accurate than what you have used. 0.0617 in "slope for pressure conversion" 162.000 in measurement data B value 8 for factor
  4. jwrb

UK based B3v, mk2 Golf & t4 (Eurovan) tdi's

Another UK fellow! I've been after a B3 / B4 Passat for some time. To take on as a long term project! Currently I'm settling for Seat Cordoba Varios and caddy vans. I have a thing for wagons I think! Nice work! :)
  5. jwrb

8v Exhaust manifold

in Europe this exact manifold is also fitted to the AEY, AGM, ASY, AQM and AGP engines. There's also some even more compact versions which are fitted to 1.9D VW engines in Skoda felicias / pickups.
  6. jwrb

PD Block on VP Head

Yes it's possible. Some Early PD130 have threaded hole for the lower belt idler. Otherwise it is easy to drill hole and tap with M8 thread. You need to use from VE engine, timing/trigger wheel from crankshaft, crankshaft pulley and bolt, timing belt side crankshaft seal housing, front...
  7. jwrb

MK2 MK3 VNT Motor Mount

I'd like it too, if it's available :)
  8. jwrb

Reliant Scimitar TDI conversion

All the pictures are gone!! :(
  9. jwrb

2 maps switch board 2 x 29F400 EDC15

They are on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/836474699/
  10. jwrb

Oil filter relocation adapter

No, BLT housing is different to the ASZ/BEW blocks.
  11. jwrb

Hybrid turbo reconditioning/replacement/upgrade options

Profidiesel offer a manifold kit so you can use a standalone GTB1756/2060/2260 turbo on a cast manifold. It also means you can upgrade or swap the turbo for another 1756, 2060 or 2260 at a later date should it take your fancy. I believe the flange is welded onto the manifold, however I believe...
  12. jwrb

How long will a VNT15 last at 22psi?

For a good bit of reference. I've been running my GT1749 (stock ALH/ASV turbo) in the UK at 21psi for the last 18 months without any issues. It holds 1.45bar of boost on the gauge (and in the logs) from around 1800rpm to 3500rpm. Car gets abused and has covered over 70k in this configuration...
  13. jwrb

MK4 4motion ATD > ASZ or ARL

Good advice. For 200-230hp stock injectors will be more than ok, and will save a lot of money. Nice shout on a GTB2060, great little turbos and will more than cover his power goals. I reccomended a smaller turbo to help with response a little. A smoke free tune on a 2060 can have a tendency to...
  14. jwrb

My design ibiza 6k TDI 4motion

Nice build. I'm planning to do similar with my Seat Cordoba 6k5 Vario but using a front subframe in back as I have many spare. Any pictures to share?
  15. jwrb

MK4 4motion ATD > ASZ or ARL

Very easy to get 200hp from ASZ or ARL. Both can be used with your current ECU and wiring harness, no changes needed. I would suggest ASZ as they are more common and pretty much the same as the PD150. For 200+ hp, PD150 turbo (GT1749VB) can hit around 195-200, but really a hybrid turbo, or...