Recent content by juliywann

1. J

Share tune for two 2015 E288 DSG TDIs?

Loving my 2015 sporwagen, celebrated my first month of ownership. 154000km on the ODO, emissions warranty good to 260,000k or 2026. tuning seems like a no brainer but I'm basically an mechanical idiot so it's difficult to figure out where to start. Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
  2. J

Low fuel economy in Utah

350-400 miles is my sweet spot for range. Anything over is a waste of weight and anything under makes long distance drives a pain. Of course I'd still hate to drive a car with a 40g tank that gets piss poor mileage. 192.168.1.1
  3. J

nozzles 0.320 pump vp37 11mm

It's called a Presta Valve, at least in the US. You can get something like a Topeak Joe Blow (relatively cheap a well built) that comes with a traditional valve end ( the ones on cars) and a Presta valve end. A lot of decent bicycle pumps will have both so you should have no trouble finding one...
  4. J

1.9 BRM EGR DELETE

It's tucked between the engine and firewall and is a serious hassle to get to it. For very little benefit, since it turns off by itself in many situations. In fact, it can be tuned out working with Malone or Kerma or some other reputable TDI tuner. I wouldn't bother with a delete unless I was...
  5. J

2015 golf tdi

It's the best commuter car ever that isn't a corolla or a civic. I had a 2015 Golf TDI 6 spd and it was an amazing car if you weren't worried about having fun while driving (and even then it's prob the most fun of a commuter class of cars). You could flash it and get some more 'umph' out of it...
  6. J

Alternate / New scan tools, eg: XTool, Autel

Real scan tools with bidirectional controls are going to be out of that range if you want something that can cover different makes/models. Launch or Autel are the most common budget units but they are going to start around 900. The blue driver like mentioned is pretty good for what it costs...
  7. J

ECU tuning options for AFB 2.5L V6 w/MSA15 ECU

I'm really not trying to discourage you, but I really doubt you're going to find any tuning software that's even decent for free or cheap. Also, IMO there's not really a way to get into just a small bit of tuning, at least safely. The closest you'll probably get to that is like a JET programmer...
  8. J

Excessive oil consumption on long trips.

I just purchased a 2008 RAV4 from a family member. They've been the only owner of the vehicle and decided to give me a pretty good deal on the car since they were looking to finally upgrade to something newer. Since the car is 130k miles, I decided to replace the water pump, alternator, belts...
  9. J

Head lights and tail lights

An acquaintance of mine in college rear ended someone with smoked out tail lights. He took them to court and won because they decided he couldn't reasonably see the lights to react in time. Something to be wary of. Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox
  10. J

Bad misfire throwing p0201 and p0301 codes

Start with replacing the spark plugs and ignition coils. That's USUALLY what causes misfire. It could be fuel injectors or ECM (the car's main computer) but those are far less common causes. If you just have the one cylinder misfire it may just be the spark plug or coil for that cylinder, but if...
  11. J

2013 Passat TDI Sedan w/ OEM Side Mirrors seeking Heated Replacement

You can see if yours is looking on the tip, it has a sign on the glass. Heated mirrors have hardware to connect, non heated do not have it. eBay usually tells you in the bottom if fits your car by the year make model and trim. If your mirror is painted a better option is to run your vin in the...
  12. J

Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDi mapped

I would recommend alloy lightweight wheels for the final touch up. Stg 1 with 320hp->400hp, 650nm->740nm remap will stress a 200k km engine but won’t cause catastrophic failure. You don’t want to dump black smoke in an a8. Don’t touch the air suspension components as its well set, it can be...
  13. J

From the OBD port no communication help needed please

What kind of reader are you using? Have you checked to make sure the pins on your OBD port aren't bent or messed up? What about a cut wire behind the port? 192.168.100.1
  14. J

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

2012 Golf with 172,000km, barely drive it nowadays with online school but I did 70,000km in the first 2 years which is double that of an average Canadian. Kodi nox