Recent content by Jukums

1. J

Audi A4 B5 quattro 1.9TDI project, target 400hp

Comfort is good, but car is to heavy and have small room for big turbos, intercoolers etc.
  2. J

For now project is dissambled and will no longer putted together as there isn't so much time for that any more, but maybe with another car will hit 400hp mark, as i was close with that before.
  3. J

I used 6bar map sensor from truck ;)
  4. J

After some time of tuning, some small problems I went to Dyno to see, what power I am getting. But unfortunately it didn’t reached 400hp, but it looks like there isn’t enough fuel and also intercooler is to small. But here is first results.
  5. J

Video from VNT control https://youtu.be/NBEjbETGboY
  6. J

After some time have some updates. Made tubular manifold, manifold from 3mm thick AISI, argon purged. Made 3D model for gauge holder and printed it. No, there will be 4 bar gauge, 2 bar only for test :D VNT control also done. Turbo in place, IC piping also. Downpipe also done, now...
  7. J

1z p&p

Go trough Turbo technical data in this forum, and you will find all what you need. 11mm IP you can get from Renault 1.9DTI engine
  8. J

1z p&p

Oh, my... You need only ECU from AFN, which is in ALU case. Dont waste your time on gt1749v, better already find some gtb series turbo, they arent expensive. Like GTB2056VL, which you will be able to direkt fit on AFN manifold with some threading work. Then get some nozzles 0,260+ IP 11mm You...
  9. J

Don't remember from head, but at 4.5k rpm SOI is flat till end. But there was problem, that I get boost drop all that way, so I think, that is problem why didn't get more HP, will try to fix that problem and try go to dyno again.
  10. J

About head, will see how it works, because each time I am trying to change something, to see what things there is better and what is worse. Yes
  11. J

About CR, there isnt exact numbers, also didn't meassure it. But CR drop there is depending on valve design and deeper valve pockets in pistons. For other build till 380hp it worked good, also in this project i will not use bigger piston bowls - used before, but didn't like that there was more...
  12. J

Thats one intresting info, what should needed to check, if for real there is backpressure in exhaust system. I still hoping to achieve also with that car 400hp, because there is needed to get stable boost, need to work with ecu. Wiring isn't problem, wiring harness is from Audi A4 2000 year...
  13. J

Intresting information, because I thought 3” is more then enough. Because I have 3” and two big Simons muffler on other car, but WG turbo and that car runs 380hp
  14. J

If Stock Bottom end handle 350hp, dont see any reasons why it could do 400hp. On other project I have only maxspeeding rods, all other things in bottom end is Stock and no problems with 380hp. So will see what it can handle, because I want to Build it in cheap way to fix it, if something happens.
  15. J

Hello, So I wanted to make topic about my next project car which target is 400hp on diesel only. Car had 2.5TDI V6 engine, but that engine will be changed to 1.9TDI engine. Modifications what is planed to do, to reach this target: Ported Head Lighter valves 10mm lift camshaft Hard valve...