Recent content by Judson

1. J

6 Speed swap into 2001 jetta tdi Auto?

I got my DRW and the whole kit from Darkside. They do some mods to the tranny to address the weaknesses before shipping....
  2. J

6 Speed swap into 2001 jetta tdi Auto?

I have the DRW 6-speed. With almost 240k miles I figured it was time to change the axles anyway. I think they’ll last me another 15-20 years.... At 70 on the highway I run about 1800 rpms. 65 is about the minimum in 6th. for smoothness, quiet, and easier takeoffs from a start I went with a...
  3. J

I may have found a triple gauge pod that will work...

FYI - I never did get the Evo one. I put a boost gauge on the a-pillar and called it good.... if I remember correctly it was because I didn’t want to drill a hole in the dash to run the wiring to the gauges. It’s sort of a one and done deal...
  4. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Let me know what you find out! I think my front lower suspension bits are worn (lower control arms). She’s a little uncertain on the highway of late....
  5. J

Love it! The vacuum ball’s stock location sucks. I will be investigating moving it on my car soon....
  6. J

A Nod to the Experts here

I’ve been on these forums since I believe 2004. I continue to be impressed by the expertise and professionalism. This has got to be one of the best on the Net. So, thanks to all of you! Appreciate it very much. My car and I are the better for it. Jud
  7. J

How long will you keep your MK4 TDI?

Well seeing as she’s running better than ever now, I’ll keep her for a long time more. 2001 with 250k. I will have some rust to address and in the usual place, but she grew up in the DC area and now is in Wyoming. Not big rust bucket areas.
  8. J

Played with the MFA’s mpg setting. Never really did that before and didn’t really care. It’s a little old, the LCD, and in daylight you can’t read it too well. But coming back at night it was interesting to watch the values change - about what I’d expect. I am not sure how accurate it is...
  9. J

I spent so many years with wheezing turbos (I think my stock one wasn't working properly either), that I got used to the horrible off-idle responsiveness and performance. Now she pulls like a truck from just off idle. Yay! Last night I accelerated to pass an SMV (slow moving vehicle) and went...
  10. J

I like engine coves as well! I got the push on/pull off mod, and soundproofed it as well. i don’t ever floor my car either from a stop or at very low revs. In fact, I’ve been very nervous just doing WOT in 3rd from 1800 rpms. Of course after destroying two VNT17s in short order doing just...
  11. J

WTB: Front grill for silver 01 Jetta

Got a grill. Thanks folks.
  12. J

Drove her. I had a problem over the last few years (at least) of the engine bogging down at low rpms in 2nd gear - like when you come up to a sharp right turn and have slow way down - downshifting into first works but you’re still going fifteen to twenty and it doesn’t that much unless you...
  13. J

Thanks for the feedback man. Appreciated! I'll let you all know what Malone says...
  14. J

Logged data and used tunezilla website to create graphs: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?media/albums/turbo-to-intercooler-pipe-and-pics.12777/ I'm at 6000 feet above sea level. Maybe that explains some variances.