Recent content by Judson

1. J

Upgrade list

Yes that setup would be fine. I believe Jeff at Rocketchip said that it’s the sweet spot for money/performance.
  2. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Well I got a red boost hose off of amazon, and cut it to fit, along with two hose clamps and ultra red permatex gasket maker (meant for exhaust manifolds), and replace the 3” boost hose that the fab guy used for my gtd1752vrk. He had fabbed up a custom metal piece and use two 3” long hoses at...
  3. J

Best ride quality shocks/struts for the money

Well I’ve tried them all. Nothing will give you a cadillac ride. I have Koni FSDs with stock springs. About the best you’ll do, though I’d love a magna-ride option. :)
  4. J

Turbo oriented Gottuned is now Muchboost

Just received an email from them introducing muchboost.com. Good for them!
  5. J

Well I crawled underneath to take another look as to why my boost hose keeps blowing off the turbo or the metal pipe. The pipe was a custom fab job that is a bit too short and not quite angled right. So I bought a 10” hose that I’ll cut down to replace the 3” that’s there. There’s a weld...
  6. J

For those that asked…looks like the fabricated metal pipe (with a 3” long piece of boost hose at each end) was made a bit too short and is cut off at the turbo end at a weird angle. Thus the pull of the engine when acclerating and decelerating plus no good place for a ring clamp on the weird...
  7. J

Go for it! And let us know…. I may have been too conservative, and I believe I’ve read other posts saying good things about the 2056.
  8. J

The 1752 has stock-like response around town. No lag at all. I had thought about the 1756 for sure but I really didn’t care to go above 28psi. I am blowing off the boost hose enough as is (can’t find a good clamping solution). A frriend is going to drill and tap for a screw to hold the...
  9. J

Yes got my gtd1752vrk from them. Just fine.
  10. J

Got my girl back from Brandon in FC. New compressor and thermostat. A/c is blowing colder than for in a long time and the temp is staying steady at just under 90C. It was wandering between 80 and 95C before.
  11. J

ALH turbo upgrade question

Huh. Well I’ve never even heard of putting in a restrictor. I certainly don’t have one….
  12. J

Fuel Injectors: DLC1019 v DLC764

Agreed, talk to Jeff. 1019s are the equivalent of .216s and i’ve had those with a vnt17 and they work well.
  13. J

No boost, sounds like I blew a charge pipe but everything seems connected

The whine sounds exactly like turbo blades hitting the housing. I know this sound too well. Now, chewing up oil means your turbo shaft is broken and oil is getting into the intake. You’re lucky methinks to have not had a runaway…
  14. J

Well my baby is going into the shop tomorrow. Turn on the a/c and a loud, bucket of bolts sound comes from under the hood. Everything else works fine. New compressor after 21 years - guess it’s about time. That and I think a new thermostat. Temp is not staying rock steady as it should even...
  15. J

Like the wheels. What are those? I have something similar from Discount Tire which are no longer made. I also have the same trunk lid. With updated headlights Jettas look quite modern. Which the Golf/Jetta V mirrors with the turn signals in them were still available…. It looks like yours...