Recent content by Judson

1. J

Best ride quality shocks/struts for the money

I should add: Koni FSDs plus Neuspeed softsport springs are by far the best ride combo I’ve found.
  2. J

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I think I got my fans from idparts.
  3. J

I too had a buzzlen 2.5” turbo back that was too much. A resonator did the trick.
  4. J

Well I finally had to do something on my girl Savannah. The windshield wipers stopped wiping. This was my fault, as the stock assembly has frozen and when I replaced with a new one from IDparts I apparently didn’t torque down the nut and washer enough and they loosened up and ran away on me...
  5. J

Mark 4 radio upgrade

Or get a head unit from crutchfield which will also have the right adapter for your car. Lots of choices. My alpine sounded good with the stock monsoon amp.
  6. J

One question: i’ve never read on these forums that one needs to idle for a minute after driving to let the turbo spin down in order to avoid cooking the oil that’s in the turbo. In other words, if you shut the car down right away the oil stops circulating and the remaining oil in the turbo...
  7. J

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Ditto on Tom.
  8. J

Oil pan heater Results

Thanks! Please keep us posted. Very interesting alternative to a block heater.
  9. J

BEW, Which Turbo (VNT17, Hybrid, or GT) and Clutch (Daily or Endurance, Dual Mass?)

My gtd1752vrk spools like stock. Literally no difference.
  10. J

How to Change ALL the Oil in an ALH (and similar engines with upright oil filter housings)

Huh. Never once prefilled the oil filter housing…. I like the idea though.
  11. J

Nice! Like your cluster too - I have one of those also and they really help the look of the interior.
  12. J

MPG Display

cool! I have vcds so when I get back from vacation I’ll play with different values. Maybe I can get close. Purely for fun of course as I’ve hand-tracked eveything since inception back when I bought her in July of 200-.
  13. J

MPG Display

darn only works on 2005.5 or later VWs. Or is there a workaround? Maybe I missed something?
  14. J

MKIV No Start, relays click, Immobilizer issues?

Also check the power cable between the starter and the battery and the battery terminal. These can look good upon a casual inspection but still be either corroded or loose.
  15. J

MPG Display

In my car it exaggerates by 15%, so not accurate. I don’t know how to fix that, sadly.