Recent content by jtroyce

1. J

2001 A4 Jetta Rear Bumper

Last chance. Going to the metal pile this weekend.
  2. J

Still available. Anyone?
  3. J

I've got an excellent condition bumper assembly, removed from my now sold 2001 TDI to install a Euro tow hitch. If you need a new rear bumper assembly (this is the bumper itself, not the painted, plastic cover) and can pick it up in Nashua, NH, let me know. It is yours for the taking (i.e...
  4. J

Various A4 TDI stuff - RossTech, Thule rack, etc.

All sold. Thanks to everyone.
  5. J

Logan Alternative Fuel Parking NOT TDI Friendly

Nothing is ever free at Logan. But you get to park as close to the terminal as possible. I understand that they can't verify that I am burning BD, but I've got a sign in my window that says I do! Besides, if you ask me TDIs should be included as alternative fuel. I've got 152K miles on...
  6. J

Logan Alternative Fuel Parking NOT TDI Friendly

Went to Logan airport last week for a business trip and drove by the spaces for "Hybrid/Alternative Fuel Only". I figured "What the hell?" and parked my 2001 Jetta TDI there next to all of the Prius's. I placed a sign in my windshield which said "This car runs on biodiesel." and I was feeling...
  7. J

Terra Pass and similar CO2 offset sites

I've been considering the Terrapass thing too. It is true that the program may not directly reduce emissions, but I was thinking that if I buy these carbon credits for my cars, it leaves less credits for polluting companies to buy, thereby driving up the price and eventually making it...
  8. J

'01 Jetta Mileage Issue

I have read a lot of posts about mileage. I know that this is a common issue. I have checked the following: intake cleaned (actually replaced) two months ago regular maintenance all OK tires inflated properly (no discussion about this please) MAF replaced at same time as timing belt at ~70K...
  9. J

A Truly Hidden Hitch (when not in use) FINISHED!

A Truly Hidden Hitch (when not in use) Update FWIW, I've towed a 1500 lb trailer several times with my Jetta and the Euro hitch that I bought for it. The longest trip was NJ to NH in one day. That was over a year ago and I have not noticed any negative effects since. Recently, I towed 1460...
  10. J

FREE: 14" Winter Tires, Steel Wheels & Hubcaps

FFTT: 14\" Winter Tires, Steel Wheels & Hubcaps Wow! I can't even give these things away?
  11. J

FREE: 14" Winter Tires, Steel Wheels & Hubcaps

FREE: 14\" Winter Tires, Steel Wheels & Hubcaps I have four 14" Blizzaks on 14" steel wheels with OEM plastic wheel covers. The tires have about 1/2 a season left on them, but the wheels are in decent shape and the wheel covers are very nice. I should mention that these are from an A3 Cabrio...
  12. J

FS: Winter wheels/tires

Jay--I sent you a private message. Email me back. I am definitely interested.
  13. J

FS: (OT) 1995 Cabrio 2.0L

happy saturday
  14. J

still for sale
  15. J

b b bump...