Recent content by jtree

1. J

CRUA Turbo upgrade

My commute is between my city and country houses over a 10,000 foot mountain pass on a smooth toll road with good sightlines and absolutely no police speed enforcement except in two spots which Waze notifies me if a speed trap is active. I average about 90 mph for the 40 mile mountain section...
  2. J

CRUA Turbo upgrade

For a couple of years I had a Xman CR190 hybrid with a 56mm wheel. When it failed. I reinstalled the stock turbo for a year or so until it failed and recently I replaced it with a new Xman option, A cr150 hybrid turbo with a 51mm wheel. I think the regular oil temps above 280f on my...
  3. J

CR190 GTD1449vz charge actuator adjustment?

I was able to load on a stage 3 tune from Kerma last night and the difference is dramatic, it feels total different from the stage 1+ tune. I will take it to the dyno after l get a DSG tune in a couple of weeks Without a DSG tune the ECU cuts power often unless you roll on to the throttle...
  4. J

I live in Mexico City which has strict emissions testing so I kept the emissions intact, the tdi cars sold in Mexico have the ad blue disconnected. Now that the car is running right I’m happy with the turbo even before i get a new tune. Mexico City is 7500 feet high and my commute goes over a...
  5. J

Thanks! That worked. I tried it once before but was too stupid to figure out that the voltage shown on my OBDeleven vcds was as a percentage of 100 so 27.77 is 3.6. I also replaced all the stock hose clamps with t clamps which fixed a boost leak, the car is now much happier. After the holidays...
  6. J

On the drive home tonight I pushed the car pretty hard, it’s quicker than with the stock turbo at high revs maybe the turbo vanes are stuck at the setting for high rpm? It’s a new turbo, a hybrid cr190 56mm from Xman. I’ll triple check the vacuum lines tomorrow. Has anybody had a new turbo...
  7. J

I recently installed a CR190 / gtd1449vz turbo on my 2016 TDI wagon. How can I adjust the charge pressure actuator? I have a vcds hooked up and it shows the voltage at 8 instead of the desired 3.6. The actuator has no threads or obvious way to adjust it. The car isn't making much boost until...
  8. J

GSW shock upgrade: Koni Yellow, Koni Special Active, or Bilstein B6?

I recently switched to Koni red shocks, special active something, anyway they are nice. I live in Mexico City and had H&R sport spring which I liked but had to switch back to stock after too many scrapes on so many topes. Oh and sticky tires make the best difference, I run 18 inch 235 wide...
  9. J

Extended warranty on Mexican 2016 TDI Sportswagen SE

You must live in a different Mexico than me, I can’t imagining any of the dealers I’ve taken my car to for maintenance actually fixing anything under an extended warranty, plus you will still have to go to them for 5,000 peso oil changes.
  10. J

Crazy Brake Life on the MK7

It's hypermiling by TDI owners, not super life brakes. I had a MK7 Golf R and got 15-20k out of brake pads, the same I get out of my TDI wagon. I also got 15-20k on my NA miata and and e46 M3.
  11. J

2015 TDI Sportwagen values

I bough a new 2016 SE with DAP, DSG in Mexico for 15k a year ago, there are still new 2016 golf Tdi’s for 12k here, so my resale is about one dollar? I really want to buy one of the 2 door MBQ S3 hatchbacks that are less than 20k here but what would I do with my 20k mile GSW? It would make a...
  12. J

Ha! When I was a 16 year old runaway in the 80’s I drove a Datsun 510 from San Francisco to Miami with grinding brakes and no clutch after New Mexico, at one point the side mirror wobbled on one screw for hours before I fell off..
  13. J

The brakes pads on my 2016 wagon only last 15,000 miles, are you sure you are using them? I also only average 32 mpg so maybe it's the driver more than the car?
  14. J

2015 GSW TDI Spontaneously stalls (dies) while driving

I have a truck that recently had a similar problem, the throtttle position switch was intermittently faulty.