Recent content by JSWTDIPilot

1. J

2010 JSW - 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) *All brakes drag*

Thanks! I've thought about unplugging the ABS controller, tough problem is that it's under the battery box and air plenum. Do you know if pulling a fuse might isolate the controller? As another note, I drove the car again today and had the traction control turned off and the problem still...
  2. J

2010 JSW - 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) *All brakes drag*

Looking for input on what is turning out to be my first big problem on our 2010 JSW. Currently 54000 miles. For the past month, my wife and I have noticed that occasionally during a drive, the brake pedal starts to get sensitive and touchy. Nothing crossed our minds until we threw an ESP fault...
  3. J

Quailallstar's Official 2011 Volkswagen Golf 2,0 TDI Thread

Wow! Is your dealer feeding you this information about where the car is on the production line? Or do you have access to a website that allows you to input the production number? Have fun with your new car! Waiting is the worst part!
  4. J

Turkeys scratched up my hood...

Man sorry to hear that! I've been seeing turkeys in flocks of 10 or more lately driving through Connecticut. Hmm... I guess I should be concerned when I see them on the driveway into work! My $.02. Take your care to a professional and have them buff it out. Take plenty of pictures before and...
  5. J

CR engine HPFP analysis

Before/IN, same difference in this case! Let's not split hairs, please. Also the overflow valve that you are refering to, it also serves as a pressure metering valve that meters the fuel OUT the low pressure fuel return. "The fuel delivered by the Auxiliary Fuel Pump V393 acts in opposition...
  6. J

Top 10 Cool Things you probably don't know about these cars

If you'd like to put them on one thread, feel free to. We just saw multiple thread starters for the same idea. Also, don't go running to the moderators if you don't like someones response. You have a right to your own opinion so back it up! If you want to start something, be ready to defend it...
  7. J

Top 10 Cool Things you probably don't know about these cars

Seriously man? 1) You are posting searchable stuff. 2) You are starting a multiple threads for what is equivalent of a "top ten list" which you could post all in one thread. 3) You are being disrespectful to some of they guys who have been on these forums a lot longer than you. Mind some p's &...
  8. J

FuelSure - Misfuelling Protection

My question is whether the FuelSure is set up for the large diesel nozzles or the small ones. Could prove to be an issue if it's set up for the large nozzles and you only have access to small or vice-versa.
  9. J

Spinoff with some of these TDI worth it threads...

You are exactly correct with more oil going into a gallon of diesel and that does offset the economy we gain. Good point! Biodiesel is a great alternative to oil though as long as you use waste oil and convert it to bio. Yes it does use energy to grow, but now the oil was used in two seperate...
  10. J

CR engine HPFP analysis

I suppose if the HPFP weren't so sensative to something wrong happening, we wouldn't be having any HPFP discussions like this? ;) Sci-fi, only if we're talking about aliens growing in the pump I suppose. Those gremelins can chew through metal with acid spit in milliseconds I suppose, with all...
  11. J

Gas cap tether removal?

Sorry, but is this not what I said after the sentence you quoted from my post? ;) That was my point exactly, protection from the diesel impaired. :D
  12. J

Gas cap tether removal?

The fuel doors on the '10 lock with the door locks. You'd break the fuel door before getting into it. At first, I though my fuel door had jammed before I realized this feature. While I understand the green "reminder" cap, I think the key lock is a little overkill. I could see it helping the...
  13. J

Spinoff with some of these TDI worth it threads...

I bought the TDI because I wanted to invest in the technology and eventually use bioD. Whether I can use anything higher than B5-B20 in the future on the CR TDIs is up to a future look. Right now, I'm extremely happy with the mileage I get for the long commutes. (130 miles roundtrip) Plus my...
  14. J

CR engine HPFP analysis

Look at the cutaway again in the VW study program booklet. There are "fine filters" located on both the HP outlet before the HP plunger and one fine filter located prior to the fuel leaving the low pressure fuel return from the HPFP. All the fuel goes through a "fine filter" when leaving the...