Recent content by jsimpson

1. J

I lost the name of the guy who did my timing belt

Southeast of Nashville, kinxa in the middle of nowhere working out of his garage, highly recommended and did a great job. I need more work done now and want to use him. Any help?
  2. J

2015 TDI. Should I buy

How can you tell if your timing belt has been replaced?
  3. J

128000 miles, no dsg service or timing

Just bought a 2014 Beetle convertible tdi with 128000 miles. Always dealer serviced, three owners, but records show no transmission service or valvetrain service. What should I be looking for and what service should I do?
  4. J

A/C Failure

I have a Sanden 1616A in my 2007 beettle. It has what appears to be a safety clutch to protect the belt in case of compressor lockup, but no wires from the front of the compressor. There is a two wire connector at the back of the compressor which I assume is attached to a control valve that puts...
  5. J

TURBO: 2012-2014 Passat turbo failures [discussion thread]

Does anyone know if Alabama has a lemon law? Too bad we can't sue the EPA for requiring the stupid exhaust additive which is the root cause of all these turbo failures!
  6. J

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

2014 build date unknown 75 degrees 22000 miles DSG driven normally until day of failure when my visiting daughter floored it up the hill right out of the driveway. VW full synthetic oil, about a month after oil change service at dealership symptoms - sudden loud whine and loss of power. Glow...
  7. J

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

I did, and mine has 3696. What must I do to get the better firmware?