Recent content by jrythetdiguy

1. J

No "chooo" sound from turbo, ALH engine

i got a straight pipe through profidiesel last year, replaced all vacuum lines and n75 valve when i installed my bigger turbo/nozzles/intake/intercooler/intercooler piping and stage 3 tune 2-3 months ago. i think i have to mess with my actuator on my turbo, i can hear a faint “choooo” when i...
  2. J

HELP! timing issue

also, i asked about the cam and pump lock tools, thanks for the heads up about that i have white paint marks on both sprockets because the last person that changed the belt didn’t use cam and pump lock tools, according to jmodge
  3. J

HELP! timing issue

you don’t think i should worry about the timing? like i said i don’t see how my timing would be off if this was just a partial hydro lock situation, which it is.
  4. J

HELP! timing issue

@ghohouston
  5. J

HELP! timing issue

i was talking about the tdc notch on the flywheel and the timing marks on the camshaft & injection pump sprockets, i figured if it was at tdc, then my timing marks would line up as well? i did 2 rotations each time, about 4-5 seperate times. i was thinking about cleaning the intercooler, hooking...
  6. J

HELP! timing issue

im starting to think my intercooler is cracked somehow, what did your buddy not do to make his car completely hydro lock? did he replace the intercooler? or did he replace the intercooler after the new motor? i was going to do what jmodge said which was to blow the intercooler out, and then hook...
  7. J

HELP! timing issue

my cover is vibrating and has worn across almost my whole bottom row of fins.
  8. J

HELP! timing issue

i’ve also never drained this intercooler, and im sure the older couple before me didnt do that as well
  9. J

HELP! timing issue

last night i was trying to get it to TDC, by following the instructions in post #22. i did 2 rotations, 4 seperate times and i couldnt get it to line up. i can send a picture when i get off work of where the timing marks are if that helps. is there anything else i need to do to get them to line...
  10. J

HELP! timing issue

or i could just use compressed air to blow it out, half ass put it back on just to start it and then replace it once i confirm the engines okay?
  11. J

HELP! timing issue

also, is this plastic cover on my intercooler supposed to be shredded like this? lol
  12. 3D06DC6C-7ABB-40CD-9EC9-8146E08AC639.jpeg

3D06DC6C-7ABB-40CD-9EC9-8146E08AC639.jpeg

13. A4AA53DC-5790-4CE3-B537-2FA548363792.jpeg

A4AA53DC-5790-4CE3-B537-2FA548363792.jpeg

14. J

HELP! timing issue

(90 degree hose that leads from upper intercooler piping to race pipe/intake manifold) (lower intercooler piping) well here’s an update for everyone so far, i found some water in my upper intercooler piping leading to my intake manifold, so i took the upper intercooler piping off to...