Recent content by jp77texags

1. J

Help please, 2014 Passat SEL 2.0 TDI, 72,000 miles. Not starting.

Hi all, I bought this Passat about 4 years ago and has been sitting. VW would not buy it back and it was never converted. it will not fire up. I completely replaced the fuel and filters. It is pumping fuel. I replaced the injectors and glow plugs. Changed out oil and filter, new air filter...
  2. J

Looking for a TDI mechanic for the Texas Hill Country, Austin, San Antonio??

Hi, Wondering if anyone can recommend a TDI mechanic for the Texas Hill Country? Have a 2014 Passat TDI, that has been sitting for awhile. does not run, Help. thanks in advance, Jeffery
  3. J

About to turn back Touareg and was just rear ended

Like TDI, says, get your insurance money and trade her in!! Your making out like a bandit!! Life gives you lemons, squeeze them into cash
  4. J

Touareg 14 to16, How many of us are there?

Well best info is always at your fingertips. Just googled the following. No wonder i dont see to many of these Tregs on the road. Volkswagen Touareg – US – By Year YearTotal 2014 6,961 2015 7,037 2016 4,223 2017 3,545 2018 1,704
  5. J

Well it is one of the best driving and tow rated vehicle that I have ever had. I have had several. Was not familiar with them till i started trading in my 2.0 tdi's I am a little puzzled that i dont see any on the road and i have been looking. thats why i was wondering if anyone had...
  6. J

I have had my new to me 2015 Treg for 30 days. This is one of the nicest rides I have ever had. After driving back from Colorado in it, 950 miles, I Started watching for other Tregs. I didn't see not one all the way back! Question, does anyone have any stats on how many 2014 to 2016 TReg...
  7. J

Last minute TDI offer from neighbour

You did the right thing. He is your neighbor and that's what your suppose to do!! I also hope you helped him out in getting it claimed. Imagine what he would have felt towards you if you bought it from him and he found out you sold it for a huge profit to VW? I know two TDI owners that were...
  8. J

Proof of Operability on Rebuilt Title

I jumped thru some hoops to get the info they wanted. only to come up short by their requirements which where made at the 11th hour.
  9. J

Yes, it was totaled on 4/11/16. I submitted the sales page from Copart, from 6/20/16, stating the car "Runs and Drives". which should satisfy VW. but they sent me a request for more Proof of Operability. Sort of petty and upsetting, because of all the work i did on this one. Kevin...
  10. J

Have been going rounds with VW on trying to provide Proof of Operability on just one Rebuilt Titled VW. I provided VW maint invoices and one Copart Run and Drive proof of operability. They still say that is not acceptable. I just sent an appeals letter to CRC asking them to review my...
  11. J

Have been going rounds with VW on trying to provide Proof of Operability on just one Rebuilt Titled VW. I provided VW maint invoices and one Copart Run and Drive proof of operability. They still say that is not acceptable. I just sent an appeals letter to CRC asking them to review my...
  12. J

VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

Hi Master, VW came out and changed the rules on our Rebuilt Titles. There is a cut off date of 28 Feb. 2018, for Rebuilt titles. If your title is rebuilt by that date you are good to go with your claim. If it isnt then you are SOL. I had two denied claims, that i could not sell back...
  13. J

$0 Restitution Offered In Buyback Offer

Restitution money would be really nice for my rebuilt TDI's . Makes one wonder, how do we know they actually paid restitution to previous owner?
  14. J

Spare tire check at turn-in?

On the TDI's that i have turned in, they have told me we cannot have a spare tires on the ground. Besides that they want us to start it up, drive 5 feet forward and back. they take mileage and some exterior pics and that is it. On 10 TDI's so far they havent looked under the hood or trunk...
  15. J

Weirdest buyback scenario ever

Definitely no complaints here. these TDI's are awesome cars.