Recent content by Joshuawheat

1. J

Extended crank after metering valve inspection

Lol probably no but I am just one of those people that like to know for future reference
  2. J

Extended crank after metering valve inspection

I have an 09 jetta, and after inspecting the metering valve, I cleaned the bowl (residual fuel) and reinstalled the valve. I didn't have my vcds on me so I just got in and started. The car died and then I had to crank for a few seconds (3 or so seconds) to start the car. Will this damage the...
  3. J

extended crank after checking fuel metering valve

after pulling and inspecting the fuel metering valve on my 09 jetta, I didn't have my vcds on me and I had cleaned out the little bowl, and when starting, it initially cranked and then died. I then had to crank for a few seconds to get the car to start. Would this cause any damage to the fuel...
  4. J

Mechanical RPM limit in CBEA CR TDI

I appreciate the input! These tires are new, and unfortunately we didn't have much time to get ready for this weather and we never get snow like this, so that was part of the problem.
  5. J

Mechanical RPM limit in CBEA CR TDI

So I had a moment today (live in OKC and we have had close to a foot of snow and I was forced to try and make it to work and got stuck for a bit. I had to spin the tires in order to move the car and at one point, my car hit 52-5400rpm (tires free spinning on ice) and I was curious what the...
  6. J

MKVI Stage 2 tune=clutch slip?

Not to revive an old thread, but If anyone is ever worried about these clutches, DON'T.. They will hold almost anything you throw at it. I have a Rocketchip stage 3 tune and a CR170 turbo with everything deleted. I make roughly 390-400 ft lbs at the wheels depending on temps. I have 288k miles...
  7. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

Also was it on its last legs or just slightly worn? Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
  8. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

Did you have any photos of the hex drive when you pulled it out? Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
  9. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

Fanstastic. I got mine last week. 281k miles and stage 3 cr170 car. drives phenomenally
  10. J

In tank and intermediate (inline) fuel pump discussion

How would you run that and see the psi? Every time I have primed the fuel system, I don't see psi
  11. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

I have read that the hex drive isn't as big a deal as it was made out to be, but then again I don't know. My current one has 281k miles and supposedly on the original hex drive. Just drove it 1000 miles last saturday with no issues
  12. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

So Good to hear!!!
  13. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

I just got my 2009 last thursday! 281k Miles. I drove her from Atlanta to Oklahoma City. Averaged 41mpg at 85mph with AC on. I was worried about the hex key oil pump drive but This car hasn't skipped a beat and I have heard that it isn't as big an issue as most make it out to be. Already...
  14. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

Is there not a single person on this forum that still owns a 2009? There has to be someone! Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
  15. J

2009 Owners Speak Up!

I am looking to gauge any current 2009 Jetta TDI owners miles and major repairs up to this point. I am looking to see if people have got well above 300k miles yet? I am flying to Atlanta to pick up an 09 tdi with cr170 and stage 3 tune, with 279k miles, So I am curious as to what current owners...