Recent content by Johnny

1. J

My rear hatch will not open!

Thanks guys, I got it off but was afraid there were clips along the edge of the trim! Thank God the clips were just against the face of the inside trim. I cant get the key in the key slot yet,,,,,,so I have to pull the lever to open the hatch from inside for now. Still have to figure out the...
  2. J

My rear hatch will not open!

Hello, I did a search but didn't find anything that explains how to get the rear hatch interior trim off to unlock a locked hatch. My hatch will not open at all! not with the key, the remote, or the lock switch in the drivers door. Has anyone been in the same predicament as me? Can you get the...
  3. J

BSM delete vs. mod?

BSM delete I am happy with my "delete" configuration. Engine responds a bit faster,(used to experience a slight delay before) but vibrates a bit more at idle, not bad at all though. I went with the chain drive ALH oil pump while I was in there so you get a little more oil pressure and the...
  4. J

Tools for ballance shaft / oilpump drive fix

Tools Yes, thanks for the reply, I know what I need, I hope I can get a rental set in the greater Toronto area, or source them locally. Maybe someone would like to sell the set they bought and don't need anymore, or would let me rent them from them. that kind of thing.;)
  5. J

Tools for ballance shaft / oilpump drive fix

Hello, I have the unenviable task of dealing with the balance shaft / oil pump drive issues associated with the BHW 2L PD TDI engine in a 2005 Passat. I got caught flat footed when looking into problems with this engine. I Googled the car and saw nothing that dealt with the engine issues, but...
  6. J

Electrical connectors

Connectors Thanks, got that one!:)
  7. J

Electrical connectors

Thankyou! I'm trying to take off my sun visor and that connector is very small. not quite like the one you posted but I'll tinker with it as you suggest.
  8. J

Electrical connectors

Thanks, but those videos are to remove the pins from the connectors. I just want to know how to uncouple the male and female parts of the assorted connectors.
  9. J

Electrical connectors

Hello, I wonder if there is a "how to" on unfastening the array of electrical connectors we encounter on our VW's. I tried the search but couldn't get the results I was looking for. I recall seeing this somewhere a few years ago.:confused: Thanks
  10. J

Sick TDI

Here's one that took me by suprise! Apparently the starter for the 2 L gasser will fit and bolt on to the TDI ALH engine.:eek: We have been having intermittant starter problems since we bought this 2001 Jetta a few years ago. As I listed in a previous post in this thread, 2 solenoids, new batery...
  11. J

Sick TDI

I have a 2001 Jetta, and I'm having starter problems too. I can hear the solenoid click but the starter does not engage! I have to play with the swithch, give the starter a good bump with a piece of lumber and it may work. this has happened a few times now in a 1 1/2 year period. I have had it...
  12. J

Low power below ~2.2k RPM

I thought I had got back on this problem but obvoiusly I didn't. The problem turned out to be the MAF. I took it off and noticed it looked a little sooty, so I cleaned it up, replaced it and I was back to full power. Now why is there a soot build up happening!?! Anyway, that's what it was and I...
  13. J

Connector (pin release) tool?

Thanks guys! Penclnck has some really helpful information on his website, thanks for turning me on to that. I saw he had some made up in Fubruary but would need to make more. I did manage to re do my nail gun (brads) make shift tool and have them all out now. Too bad that every once in a while...
  14. J

Connector (pin release) tool?

I am looking for a tool or some ideas on how to make up and use a tool to remove the pins or receptors from the connector housing. I plan to replace my rear hatch and I was unable to pull the wiring harnes through one side of the replacement hatch without cutting two of the connectors off (it...
  15. J

fog light lens

When did you do that repair Wypij? I hope your repair holds too! I wanted the extra insurance against failure due to heat.