Recent content by Johhny04

1. J

ALH Jetta Wagon on BaT

Looks really clean. Worth watching.
  2. J

BEW TDI 1.9L Carbon Build up

Welcome to the club. Do yourself a favour and keep googling information. I see you're in BC, there are others in BC that could help you out and guide you in your neck of the woods. The 2006 TDI in Jetta form is a BRM engine that does have cam wearing issues but it is a simple fix with...
  3. J

What does "B10TDI" stand for? Is it rare?

Welcome to the club. Its probably "BIO" from the previous owner, meaning they ran biodiesel in it. Depending on concentration, you should be fine with a BEW but you should find out from previous owner how much and concentration they used.
  4. J

Does the Blue Def need to be changed out?

Welcome to the club. Do yourself a favour and check out the local mechanic thread to find a local guru in your area and have them service your car. Try to stay away from stealerships. Lots of information, knowledge and experts on this site.
  5. J

Transmission kicking the bucket?

Go look at youtube videos from @CoolAirVw. He is also a member on here. His shop is might not be too far from your location and it would be worth a drive to him.
  6. J

Oil level

That's not too bad if you are referring to the red line in your picture. Just top it off to the full mark. I would say no damage. From that line to full it might be between 150 - 300 mL of oil.
  7. J

Egr code

You cannot turn the MIL off with VCDS related to EGR. You will need a tuner to do it. Do a search on here and see what works best for you. A lot of people with ALH engines have been receiving great results with burpod's tunes.
  8. J

Looking for a 'cheap' TDI, looking for tips/ traps

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/fs-2015-golf-tdi-se-upstate-sc.532178/#post-5840799 Have a look at this one here from a member. The price is right in my opinion and would be a good daily.
  9. J

alh in a b6 audi a4 , quattro ? ...of course

You mean 15 years or older. 25 year rule only applies to the USA.
  10. J

SOLD: 2015 Golf TDI SE - upstate SC

This does look like a steal of a deal as mentioned above. GLWS.
  11. J

Diesel price...

@TDIGAZ would you happen to have your annual data ready to post?
  12. J

Are you still driving your TDi?

Sad to hear you let her go but happy to hear that it went to a member on here. Your car was in excellent condition and I'm sure the new owner will enjoy many more miles with her.
  13. J

First time dealing with engine runaway...

I second this comment. Do you have an EGR delete kit with no ASV?
  14. J

FS 2006 Jetta TDi 5 SPD Reading PA, Last Chance @ Auction

Interesting to see.........used TDI's still in demand and holding value.
  15. J

New Beetle - Was: Don't get a Mahle/Behr radiator!

P2B, i think we use the same supplier up in Concord and was given the same advice. When I had to change my radiator a couple of years ago, I also bought the Mahle/Behr option and skipped on the Nissen. So far so good. I also changed all the 4 rubber grommets that hold it in place, since the...