Recent content by joey003

1. J

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Noticed this truck hauling what I think is bought back TDIs. They were all used, some with winter tires on. Few of them marked on the rear windshield with the word “Processed” Kind of sad to see. Wonder where they’re going. This was QEW, Niagara bound.
  2. J

Honestly, with both vehicles I brought in, they never checked the trunk/spare. If today it was all black steelies including the spare, I wonder if he would have noticed.
  3. J

Sorry took a bit to come back to update. Ended up being ok after a bit of back and forth with the agent and RP on the phone. Phone rep kept insisting that it needed to be on original or steel wheels and driveable but not on a spare tire. The agent in person didn't agree. I told them "I'll go...
  4. J

Here we go. I'm at an appointment with the second car. The one that had a flat so I've had the spare on and original in the trunk. Very nice guy, was pleasant when I brought the first car back, but with the spare he's unsure if I can return it. Said he has to call RP because originals need to...
  5. J

I think you'd be safe. Many people have mentioned bringing the car in on winter steelies.
  6. J

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but haven't been on for the past few days. I was following this one person's buyback, as they mentioned a while back that they have a flat tire so they put the spare on and left the flat in the trunk. They got to the dealer, and the RP employee...
  7. J

Had an appointment this morning. 1 TDI gone, 1 more to go. Smooth process like others have stated. Some signatures, some quick checks around the car. Now I go back later this month with the other one.
  8. J

I'm a big fan of wagons too. About a year into owning my Jetta I started cycling and very quickly got annoyed by the trunk opening on a sedan. I was thinking about getting a Tesla Model 3 in the future but am disappointed about the trunk opening (Musk insists you'll be able to fit a bike in...
  9. J

LOL. My 2nd TDI has a badly bent wheel from a large pothole a few months ago. I threw it in the trunk and put the spare on. Curious to see what they'll say. In all seriousness, if one has changed something like the stereo or swapped wheels/tires to something different, I don't think it's a big...
  10. J

They're putting these things back up for sale? Mine is a 2011 Jetta. I don't even know if it was someone at the dealer who called or a RP claims representative that's working there. Anyway it's too late for them. I had been a loyal VW driver, owning only VWs since I had my license, ~20 years...
  11. J

Lol. For this car I'm not too worried as both the winter and all seasons are badly worn and need to be replaced.
  12. J

Just got a call to quickly review my upcoming appointment on Monday. Quick pleasant chat, but they mentioned to bring in keys, manuals, ownership, ID (as expected) but also added that the vehicle should have the original wheels with all season tires and not extra wheels or snow tires. I wonder...
  13. J

I'm not sure if I'd risk calling or trying to change it. When I booked an appointment last week the earliest date was June 20. My friend who booked an appointment yesterday had June 24 as the earliest date. This was for Oakville and Hamilton. I think the appointments are steadily and...
  14. J

I agree, I think this is the most likely reason for different approval lengths. One of my TDIs was 8 days start to finish, including a screw up on my part, document rejection, and re-uploading. And when I uploaded the signed offer, it was accepted within minutes - I bet the agent that was...
  15. J

LOL I was thinking that. I work in healthcare (noticed you said your wife is a Family Physician), and always chuckle when I see certain workers spending 10-15 minutes with a patient and then 45 minutes charting afterward.