Recent content by Joeviocoe

1. Joeviocoe

Need help today in San Francisco

Free upgrade to your stock CCV puck. I want to trade someone my Aluminum Filtered CCV puck... and in return, I need your stock puck so I can get smog inspected by tomorrow morning. This is what I have: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=259986...
  2. Joeviocoe

How long will a TDI idle on a full tank of gas?

In VagCom, I am reading about 3.2 mg/stroke while idling and warmed up. Assuming Diesel weighs an average of 7 lbs (3.18kg) per gallon... that means approximately 1,000,000 strokes will consume one gallon of diesel. 2 revolutions per stroke 4 cylinders 850 revolutions per minute at idle. 14.5...
  3. Joeviocoe

Empty clear fuel line and no starting

Changed the some seals in the IP.. works good now.
  4. Joeviocoe

I will need to get some tools too. A 17mm flare wrench. A good Torx set. Both of which I can bike down to Home Depot for I suppose. But the specialty stuff? Triangle bit socket. Something to crank/turn the engine to compress the pump.
  5. Joeviocoe

Thanks... found his thread. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=287336 Ordered a seal kit with the viton head seal
  6. Joeviocoe

I am thinking I just need new seals. The very faint gurgling sound (can only hear with ear 6 inches away) coming from the IP.... when I try to Mityvac from the return line... and it won't hold a vacuum. Been running B99 off and on for years... and a couple months ago, left it sitting parked in...
  7. Joeviocoe

Where did you order your 11mm pump from? And what price ballpark should I expect? I did get a couple of brief squeals, (1/2 sec) while driving. I still want to try replacing the seals first.
  8. Joeviocoe

I do NOT have the proper 17mm wrench to crack open the injectors. But I was able to crack Injector #3 with a Lock Wrench... no luck. Did NOT see any fuel squirt out during cranking. I used a MityVac to prime the pump by first attaching it to the pump return line (metal elbow tube after banjo...
  9. Joeviocoe

I am having a similar problem. Was there a solution to the OP?? NO START Was idling rough while slowing down to a stop. A little rough when starting up lately. White smoke puff out the exhaust about 1 second after startup. I have been using B99 off and on for years. Currently on Diesel#2...
  10. Joeviocoe

WANTED: ECU for 1999.5 Jetta TDI (038906018EB)

Wanting to buy or even borrow/rent for cheap.. a 038906018EB ECU for the 1999.5 Jetta TDI. I just need to have one for a week, while I send mine to be retuned at Rocketchip.
  11. Joeviocoe

GTG Chapin, SC Jan 26, 2013

Bummer... Does any body have a used ECU for a 99.5 manual Jetta for sale or borrow? I need to send Jeff mine for an upgrade, but cannot afford any downtime.
  12. Joeviocoe

Does Jeff need to know in advance who will be tuning with him? I sent a PM.
  13. Joeviocoe

:) sure, I'll be there at the GTG. see you there.
  14. Joeviocoe

Fairly easy replacement on the mk4. Most of the cable is accessible from under the car, but the center console would need to be removed. The cable gets rusty and binds or brakes. Have you looked at your rear calipers yet?
  15. Joeviocoe

While your ordering parts... A new parking brake cable might be needed. Does anything happen when you pull the handle?