Recent content by joetdi

1. J

Dead speedo/odometer

The drive gear on the DIFF is likely your problem. Happens a lot on the auto trans Breaks and slips on the DIFF
  2. J

'82 Rabbit ?

I think the last time I drove one of those the seat would not go back far enough. If you are much over 6 feet it's a little cramped.
  3. J

New TDI Owner, Concerning Smoke/Smell

Being that the fans were running I have a feeling you were in a REGEN
  4. J

Anybody selling a V10 Touareg?

Are you sure you want one those?
  5. J

mk4 driver's side wheel bearing question

Was the nut on the drive shaft tight enough? How was the hub? IDPARTS had OEM bearings for 34.00 I think a while ago
  6. J

Turbo graph - how does it seem to you?

If the car runs fine and you are not setting under boost faults I would not worry.
  7. J

Low voltage to headlight

[QUOTE=mr.loops; 1) With the voltmeter set at 20v take one lead of your dvom and back probe the negative wire on the light socket and the other lead connect it to the negative battery post. Record your reading 2) perform the same test, as above, but do the positive side of the circuit. Record...
  8. J

New Battery time...after eight years on this one

Well , the new car I bought came with a AGM battery from the factory and it has a plain old alternator that charges it to, the same part number that is used on vehicles that use the old fashioned flooded battery. I don't have a SIN wave charger in my car. AGM batteries have their purpose and...
  9. J

Glow plugs last a year and die

Ya, I hear ya he was arguing with me on another thread and just won't quit. I would be way to embarrassed to post any more. I see he doesn't bother you, want did you do, threaten him.
  10. J

Battery not charging emergency

Ya, I don't why I do. He will tell you he never said something but you look back in his post and there is. I think if you told him that if someone falls in a hot tub full of water they would come out wet but, he could post 3 paragraphs telling you why this person would be dry.
  11. J

That's how much you know. Oh my, I hope that an open ground circuit to this alternator light is not this guy's problem because if it is, he is going to put an alternator on this car and be pissed. It's not just you, there are a few others here that seem to think that the only thing this can...
  12. J

Look fellas, this guy implies that the alternator light is not on in his first post. If there is an open circuit in the wire to the light the alternator is not going to charge the vehicle and the battery will go dead. And his voltage will drop. Or do you think he should risk replacing the...
  13. J

Apparently you don't know what full fielding an alt does, with respect to the reg as you don't need a fully charged battery. A guy next to me was working on a like vehicle as mentioned here. He measures about 9.6 volts. So based on Mongler's statement above he puts a OEM alternator on the car...
  14. J

If you want to replace the whole alt you could do that
  15. J

Reg is not going to a help a bad stator.