Recent content by joedirt

1. J

portland/gresham tdi work

thanks! I sent him a message and an email also
  2. J

portland/gresham tdi work

recommendations for clutch work on my 2012 jetta in the area?
  3. J

lock doors with drivers door lock

im used to my truck (2017 f150) I can turn off the ignition and pull the keys out, open the door, hit the lock button and shut the door and its all locked...vw wont do that once the key is off and door is opened
  4. J

lock doors with drivers door lock

anyone know if there is a way to lock all doors with the drivers side door lock when the door is open? it drives me nuts that when I park I have to get out, close the door then reach for my fob and lock the doors that way this is on my 2012 jetta tdi/premium
  5. J

You know you're obsessed when....

when you watch the "live MPG readout" more than the road
  6. J

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

it does say "newbie" under my name, prolly because I don't post a lot, but ive been here for 4 years....I mostly just use the search button....yes I know we can pump our own diesel, and even our own gas in our motorcycles if we want, heck they even let me pump my own gas in my 52 chevy, because...
  7. J

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

pulled up to the sation in the pooring down rain and windy as can be.....cracked the window and said fill it up with diesel please, then rolled back up my window and enjoyed the warm dry car while he pumped my fuel.....lol...gotta love Oregon!!!!
  8. J

Head unit recommendation for 2012 Jetta TDI with Fender sound

how hard was this to install?,..im assuming it replaced the factory fender touch screen radia that was in the car?
  9. J

Buyback car purchases

I just bought a 2012 with 68k miles on it, 6mt,sunroof,fender stereo, leather etc...I payed $7500 for it at a dealer, was not a cpo but at the time of the emissions fix, they went through and replaced everything that was wrong and did a complete service on it before listing they replaced...
  10. J

baught a 2012 jetta buyback from the dealer

it finally passed the emissions test, was a hassle having to give up my lunch hour to go the testing place, but owell...took the passing slip back to the dealership and they made out a 2 month trip permit while I wait for my plates to arrive
  11. J

well I talked to them today and they said if it dosent pass the emissions test after I put over 200 miles on it, then they will take care of it, I currently have about 300 miles on it, so ill take it in on my lunch and see if it passes, if not they can deal with it
  12. J

I guess im frustrated because shouldn't this already have been done prior to them selling the car, wasn't that part of the emissions fix deal they had, they obviously didn't know if the car would pass emissions after they performed the fix, they should not of sold the car without being sure the...
  13. J

2 days ago I found a 2012 jetta 6m perfect condition 68K miles loaded for only $8800 and decided to call the dealership and ask if they would take $7500 cash for it....later that day I left with the car there was fees added to the purchase for titling the car and what not, no big deal...they...
  14. J

MK4/MK5/MK6 Parts Clearout - CHEAP!!!

pics of the egr stuff brm mk5 ?