Recent content by JoaoT4

1. JoaoT4

VW Transporter TDI engine to golf conversion

It is not a 1.9 TDI. It is a 1.9 TD engine code ABL. These engines have a problem with the crankcase and don't worth the repair. Try to find a 1.9 TDI from Golf III and swap it. João
  2. JoaoT4

'01 Jetta 5spd ALH into '01 GTI 1.8t

I think that you only need to swap the engine harness the glow plug relay and instrument cluster. Don't forget the pedal cluster since will use the manual trans. João
  3. JoaoT4

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

I used a straightforward solution. I putted 2 swiths on the dasboard :) João
  4. JoaoT4

VW Golf II TDI

I grounded one of the wires and the other I connected to a relay to invert the signal. Did you find a solution for the rev counter? João
  5. JoaoT4

ECM differences AHU?

No. The software on the ALH is more complex and need more inputs that you can't delete. The VSS is mandatory on the ALH, but it is only necessary on the 1Z/AHU if you want a cruise control. This is only an example. If you want to transform an ALH ECU on a 1Z/AHU ECU then buy the last one. João
  6. JoaoT4

Audi A4 TDI conversation from 1.8T

Nice to know that everything got sorted. João
  7. JoaoT4

Marine Application

The problem is when you try to disengage. This is used by Mercruiser and I don’t know if this is your case. João
  8. JoaoT4

Marine Application

I couldn't explain it better :D João
  9. JoaoT4

Marine Application

I know that :). I was only pointing that he will have to find a solution. I don't know if this is a well known feature. João
  10. JoaoT4

Marine Application

Do you know that the shift cables are connected to a switch that temporarily cuts the ignition sparks to disengage the gears? If the engine is always working under load with the propeller you will not be able to disengage. Out of water it will work fine. Don’t forget this feature. João
  11. JoaoT4

VW 1303 1.4tdi conversion help

I also have two systems and two fuse boxes. I think that with your ECU you will need the VSS signal for the engine work properly. It doesn't need to be accurate. For the RPM meter you can get the signal from the alternator. A tuner can delete the immo for you. João
  12. JoaoT4

TD or TDI

i also went with the electronics version and I don't regret a bit. I also tune the ECU and I can get about 110 hp from a 90HP TDI engine. There are a lot of update you can do with a TDI that you can’t with the TD João
  13. JoaoT4

VW 1303 1.4tdi conversion help

If you can get the ELSA software you can find the wiring for that engine. In your case, I would delete the immo from the ECU so you can work without the instrument cluster and the original key. João PS: I will keep my 1302 beetle stock :D
  14. JoaoT4

ALH TDI engine transplant into '84 Vanagon

I think that I can help you with this one. :D You have to use the TDI brake switch. I replace the two independent switches with the new style switch all in one, because you don’t have to synchronize them. I corrected the picture on my first post. The ECU has to receive ground from the brake...
  15. JoaoT4

'80 MK1 Rabbit TDI project in Portugal

It all depends on the pump voltage :) João