Recent content by Jmartz

1. J

First Report of Independent Claims Supervisor

Lets not even get into the lease inspections and mileage adjustments. They arent cutting ANY pf us slack with regards to that so they arent getting any sympathy from me and I hope the judge throws the book at them.
  2. J

First Report of Independent Claims Supervisor

Ill cut them slack when they cut me slack. I bought a warranty expecting to keep the car and despite turning it in on Friday with 34070 miles on it they still only giving me 62% of what I paid back. They refused to give me a full refund even though the car is still covered by the VW warranty...
  3. J

Buyback appt preparation w/GoPro, etc

You guys are cute. My car was turned in on Friday and its now Monday at 10am and still nothing from the bank. Theres a lot of money waiting and I am now even more frustrated because VW site says the claim is finished. No, its not.
  4. J

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

Its now 10am Monday. My car has been with them since 1030am Friday and still no email link.
  5. J

Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

I turned my car in at 1030am Friday. Still have not gotten anything asking where to deposit the money. I'm a bit annoyed that I have to spend the weekend checking my spam folder and wondering what's going to happen on Monday. But that's OK because according to VW their job is done. Really? You'd...
  6. J

Dieselgate - Post Oct 18 Court Hearing

The warranty thing is a big deal. $700 reduction for something I never used and didn't need is excessive. If the car has 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty... the "extended" part should be refunded in full if the car is new and under 36,000 miles at the time of buyback. I have about 35,000 miles on...
  7. J

Buyback offer is less than stated in settlement

The mileage deductions are a total BS. The VW employee that was indicted and pleaded guilty proved they intentionally mislead the public. These cars were sold and everyone expected to drive them for high mileage. As a measure of good faith and to stop all the forthcoming deceptive advertising...
  8. J

Warranty

Has anyone called to cancel their extended warranty? Were you given trouble? Are they imposing cancellation fees? How did you do it? Dealer? on the phone? I hit search but no threads showed up. I think I asked this question once before but it might have gotten buried in that long thread...
  9. J

Not "what" to replace the TDI with, but "when"?

I leased a replacement car last week. The TDI is in the garage and I called the insurance company. It's $35 for basic coverage against theft, vandalism, fire. The credit from the policy is being applied to the leased car which is about $200 a year cheaper than the VW. When I decide to do the...
  10. J

How did you spend your $500 dealer services card?

Yeah the evil dealers are adding extra stuff onto the invoices when they see your using the card. I paid $8 to change the remote battery. When the other one needed to be changed the charge was $50. She wouldnt let me take the key to inspect the car either until she was paid. I called her the C...
  11. J

Need feedback on my comment letter

They are making it complicated on purpose. Uninformed decisions are best for the company not for the little guy. Just like all the lemmings that show up to vote on election day. Stupid voters = incumbent wins. This is nothing different. The settlement should be; 1. Bring your invoice to the...
  12. J

What's the rush on turning the car in?

The mileage adjustment is flawed. I purchased in August 2014 a Golf TDI SEL 4D Hatchback. The fact that they are using 0-15,000 miles as the base is FLAWED. My 2015 car will be over 2 years old whenever this trade occurs. These mileage numbers need to be adjusted for actual purchase date not...
  13. J

Need feedback on my comment letter

My jeep had a lifetime powertrain warranty. VW could do it. When I first started coming to this forum everyone was like "i dont buy extended warranties because the car should be reliable and I dont need it"... my how the times have changed.
  14. J

The settlement as proposed is complete BS

I know I can do this in 2018 but I would love to know what the numbers will be 2 years from now... I drive a lot. I really don't want to have to treat this like a lease. I even have the extended warranty. Should I cancel that? I think I spent over 2 grand on it. Should I just not go over 36k...
  15. J

What should we do for prep for turn in?

nah I have bigger fish to fry. I'm looking at a Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. Or if VW has a good incentive to spend the buyback money on a Toureg TDI I will consider that assuming they are still selling them. I would love to stay with VW to save on taxes. In NJ trade ins aren't taxed and you...