Recent content by jlav0330

1. J

WTB right tail light for mk4 Golf

Cracked the plastic on mine a few years back while trying to remove it; want to sell the car so need to buy a new one. I live in SoCal. Thanks.
  2. J

New water pump and thermostat for V10 Touareg

Water pump: 07Z 121 011 Thermostat: 07Z 121 111 The thermostat assy goes for $350-400, the water pump for over $400. I'll get both of these go for $300 each, or if you want to buy both together I'll sell them to you for $550.
  3. J

Oil pan bolt thread repair question

LOL and I would love to NEVER replicate it again! Also just a note to everyone that the bolt was in between the oil pan and the flywheel in that gap. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just bouncing around in there and the flywheel made it punch the hole.
  4. J

This is the side facing the transmission and when attempting to put in the bolt, it slipped into that area. HOW it punched the hole? Who knows dude.
  5. J

Hahaha you guys ready to hear a really dumb story? Feel free to call me a dumb mf'er by the end of this, cause this was one of my best ones yet... Anyways, so who knows why, but I worked on it today and had to break apart the pan to remove it. This was an aftermarket pan that I was replacing...
  6. J

It was literally that stuck to the engine block... it was ridiculous Positive they're all off; I counted 20 + 3 that bolt on the side!
  7. J

Alright, I got under the car today and got all the bolts out at least (it's raining off and on here in SoCal today so that's all I was able to do). It definitely leaked around the RMS. I have two questions for everyone, and I will start with the first question: When I did this job (improperly)...
  8. J

I put the RTV on the inside of the screw hole. Maybe I didn't put in enough... I will put in more this time. But I will for sure take it easy putting in the helicoil. What happened to you sounds like what happened to me; we'll see if I cracked the RMS when I remove the pan again. Yeah, right? I...
  9. J

Hello, got a question that wanted to bounce to the community here. I replaced my oil pan a week ago, and I was able to get 19 of the 20 bolts fastened. For those of you that don't know, there are 20 bolts that the oil pan has, 18 of those 20 have threads in the engine block. The last two fasten...
  10. J

Sold car - Parts

Hey man, what axles you have on there? Think both CV joints on mine might be busted so just want to get a different set.
  11. J

Mk4 appreciation thread

Completely stock. That's probably why the original turbo is still in there lol. I was thinking of putting in a Stage 1 tune and maybeeeee swapping out the 5th gear to like a .700 gear, but undecided yet. It would just help with RPM on freeway (I live in a big city with lots of freeways) and more...
  12. J

Mk4 appreciation thread

I've owned my '03 Golf for over 3.5 years now, and bought it at 190k miles from the original owner. I just did a "mini" loop here in California through the Sierra, and this car handled it like a dream. Went up to 8k+ feet over many mountain passes on highway 395 and others (highway 88 near...
  13. J

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

OP, what about the EGR valve on this thing? Is it leaking oil through that small hole? Or did you delete it altogether? Might be interested in it too if available.
  14. J

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

DM it to me plz