Recent content by jkp1187

1. J

the BMW 335d diesel

@335d -- I've driven the X5d (they let us drive one around the proving ground at Spartanburg when I picked up my 135i there for Performance Center Delivery). It's a fine vehicle, but there's no way it's 1/2 as fun as the 335d.
  2. J

Awaiting delivery: BMW 118d

Like the color. Is this one also a 118d?
  3. J

Pricing for A3 TDI

Hate to say it, but we're on the verge of making a new car purchase shortly, and will probably pass on the Audi A3 TDI option this time around. Ultimately, the stories of the HPFP issue were worrying to me. I tend to keep cars well past the warranty time, and the thought of having a $10,000...
  4. J

Water in my fuel

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286380
  5. J

Pricing for A3 TDI

Just wondering if anyone had invoice pricing for 2011 yet? I talked to a dealer this weekend who had the 2011 MSRP price list (which he gave that to me,) but he didn't give me the invoice, of course.
  6. J

Biodiesel Problems in 2009+ CR TDI's?

Is this the 'experiment' you're talking about? In this one, the DPF system didn't get screwed up, but what seemed to be happening was that the DPF system was letting bio-diesel into the oil. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=226834 (If there's a different thread, would like to see...
  7. J

Pricing for A3 TDI

Does anyone have any pictures posted of the Aruba Blue A3? Just wanted to see what one looked like - the Audi website doesn't have any.
  8. J

I've had enough

That is true abt the BMW HPFPs...although I've seen no reports about a catastrophic failure resulting in huge damage to the fuel system -- they all seem to be straight replacements of the HPFP. Also, BMW extended the warranty on those HPFPs to 10 years/120k miles.
  9. J

I've had enough

That is true abt the BMW HPFPs...although I've seen no reports about a catastrophic failure resulting in huge damage to the fuel system -- they all seem to be straight replacements of the HPFP. Also, BMW extended the warranty on those HPFPs to 10 years/120k miles.
  10. J

Question about Audi A3 "Convenience Package"

They're required in Canada....and so to reduce costs, manufacturers (GM is a big one,) simply sell the DRL-equipped vehicles in US and Canada. So Canada is acting as a de facto regulator for the US on this issue. :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp#Canada
  11. J

CR engine HPFP analysis

I ain't no engineer, but why would one design a pump like this, WITHOUT something to keep the piston from turning? Is there any advantage to it? It's also interesting to me that Bosch is also the manufacturer (or was the manufacturer,) of the BMW N54 HPFP, which has also had a history of...
  12. J

100 mph head on impact

^ Gosh, if I had a car that saved my life like that, I might be willing to pay MSRP for it!
  13. J

Except DRL =/= headlights...they're the LEDs in the Xenon with the premium package, no? Thanks, I got it now.
  14. J

So what you're saying is that I *need* to have the convenience package for the headlights (and, I assume, interior dashboard lights,) to automatically come on at night? And if I don't get this, then I will need to turn the headlights on manually?