Recent content by jkeller

1. J

any trusted shops in Southern Oregon

I took my car to Aaron's Autowerks in Phoenix last month to get the IP resealed and they did a great job. I called in the morning, they got me in that day, gave me a loaner Eurovan, and I drove it home that night. www.aaronsautowerks.com 301 South Phoenix Road Phoenix, OR 97535-9401 (541)...
  2. J

expensive problems at dealer! Help!

I had my pump resealed last month for less than $250 by an local independent shop. There is a procedure on here somewhere for how to DIY, but it looked more complicated than I wanted to try.
  3. J

Seeking Advice to Improve Fuel Economy

I'm surprised that after 32 posts no one has mentioned the automatic vs. manual difference. Back in my day (2003) there was a 4-6 (?) mpg difference in the listed fuel economy between the two transmission choices.
  4. J

2003 Jetta With Blown Engine: What Should I Do

Insurance covered me when I hit a (very) large chunk of concrete on a freeway onramp and deployed half the airbags. It ended up being about a $4500 bill - I only paid the deductible and my rates didn't go up. Thank you State Farm! :)
  5. J

Vanagon Swap

Here is another link: http://www.greaseworks.org/tdivanagon
  6. J

Vanagon Swap

Have you checked out the Vanagon forum over at the thesamba.com? You might find some help there. I have an '85 weekender that I would love to put a TDI in, but it seems like a lot of custom work. I'm actually leaning towards a ford zetec: http://bostig.com/ This guy might be able to help...
  7. J

03 Jetta 49k timing belt change.

My '03 Jetta Wagon only has about 50k miles on it...it has been doing great. Now I have something to worry about. Gee thanks. ;)
  8. J

Customer said it just stalled, Hmmmmmmm

You can buy a lot of Rotella for $3k!
  9. J

1st Gen Bio is Bye-Bye!

I searched for bio-GTL and found this company: http://www.biopurefuels.com/index2.html Interestingly, I couldn't find any way to contact the company. Not even an address! Where are, and who are, these guys? I think they are based in Houston, so I assume they have contacts with big oil.
  10. J

Oil Extractor!

The oil cooler is right under the filter - there are several deep holes. After you remove the filter, you can stick the hose from your Pella into the holes and suck out quite a bit of oil.
  11. J

Odd singing noise help.

Are you familar with TDI's? Could be the normal turbo sound... You need to find someone else with a TDI and see if yours sounds different.
  12. J

Snow Screen

it gets plugged up pretty easily and really doesn't do anything that the air filter won't do. No other reason.
  13. J

genius at work, left moonroof open

The AC will cool the air below the dewpoint and the water in the air will condense out on the cooling coil and drain out under the car. The heat set on high will heat the air back up and help evaporate the water in the cabin so it can be sucked into the AC.
  14. J

Engine looses power after 20 mins of driving?

Why would it take 20 minutes before there was a problem if it was the fuel filter? Would'nt it be evident as soon as you started the car? I'm not saying it's not the FF, just a question.
  15. J

Another study warns against biodiesel emissions

A "business research service" for the chemical industry thinks biodiesel is bad. Big surprise there.