Recent content by jimnms

1. jimnms

Sunroof drain problems again.

If it completely detached, I wouldn't think I'd be able to feed the weed eater line down and have it come out at the bottom. I see the post above about completely removing the headliner, but how do I partially remove it to check?
  2. jimnms

Sunroof drain problems again.

Thanksgiving night we had heavy rain all night long, and Friday I had a very wet floor mat. The majority of the water was under the brake pedal, which usually means I've got too much pine tree crap under the windshield wiper tray (whatever that's called). I also had a few drops of water come...
  3. jimnms

Help Diagnosing Fuel Temp Sensor (P0183) Problem

Hmm. What do I do now? It's possible I was sent a bad sensor. I can check the old sensor first to see if it was even bad before pulling the new one out. I'm not sure how to check it though. I remember one of the posts I read mentioned getting certain resistance values at certain temps...
  4. jimnms

On the BEW, the fuel temp sensor is inline with a fuel line just to the right of the oil filter (pics on this post). It's a quick "fix." Unplug it, remove the clip, pull the sensor out, then reverse the process. In the other posts I found about this, it was mentioned wiring or a fuse could...
  5. jimnms

A few weeks ago I was cruising down the highway I could feel a slight stutter every now and then. It felt like when in turbulence behind a truck or a gust of wind hitting the car, but I wasn't behind a truck and it wasn't windy that day. I still wasn't 100% sure if it was the car, the road, or...
  6. jimnms

Question on Replacing Glowplug Harness in '05 PD (BEW)

Thanks everyone. I looked at the picture on IDParts again and now see that it isn't a connector like I thought. Has anyone spliced on a 4-wire connector after cutting off the old harness to make future changes easier? Although, since this one lasted me over 10 years, it probably isn't worth...
  7. jimnms

Question on Replacing Glowplug Harness in '05 PD (BEW)

I started getting a CEL for the #2 glowplug a few weeks after my 10k oil change. Since it was still summer, I put off checking it, but now that the weather is getting cooler, I decided to take care of it. I looked at the Glow Plug 101 Guide for testing the glow plug and harness. I suspected...
  8. jimnms

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I've seen some diesel pumps that have the same size nozzle as the gas pumps. That would suck to not be able to get fuel if you happen to stop at a station with one of those. I've seen an adapter for the large nozzles to fit smaller filler necks because some newer diesel pickups don't take the...
  9. jimnms

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

I'm still scratching my head as to why VW stopped using the large filler hole on diesel cars. My '05 will take the big nozzle, and good thing too as a few times on the highway I've pulled over to get fuel when the light came on and the only station within range was a truck stop with large nozzles.
  10. jimnms

03 Jetta Sunroof control headliner sag

It's not the whole headliner. It is just the fabric on the plastic access panel covering the sunroof motor and manual control. Here, a picture is worth 1000 words:
  11. jimnms

Headliner' armrests falling apart...

Did you find something to fix it? Mine is doing this as well. I had been pressing it back up with my hand and it would stay for a few days, but that's not working anymore. It's peeling off from the left rear corner and blocking part of the rear view mirror, so I finally pulled the panel off...
  12. jimnms

03 Jetta Sunroof control headliner sag

Did you ever get this fixed? I came out to my car last week on a hot day to find the fabric on the sunroof motor cover hanging down from one corner. I pressed it back up and it stayed for a few days, but now it's hanging down and won't stay up. It blocks the rear view mirror, so I finally...
  13. jimnms

Anyone near Central MS that can help with headlight replacement?

Is there anyone in the central MS area that can help me with headlight replacement? My 2005 Jetta's lenses are gross looking, beyond what any DIY restoration methods can fix. I was thinking of ordering glass replacements lenses because I thought it would be a quick and easy job. I just...
  14. jimnms

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I went to IL last week. I filled up before leaving for $3.82/gal, and watched the prices go up the farther North I went. On the way home I was watching the signs at the truck stops ranging from $4.05 to $4.20. I kept heading south until the fuel light came on and stopped somewhere in AR. I...
  15. jimnms

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Last week in Jackson, MS on the Pilot truck stop's billboard I pass by RUG was $2.99 and diesel $3.81. Yesterday RUG down to $2.89 and diesel $3.79. Diesel is slightly cheaper and RUG is slightly more expensive at home in Vicksburg.