Recent content by jimigunne

1. J

Rear lights stopped working .....ideas?

Yea, should have stated i tried bulbs first. Funny, the problem went away. Next time it happens---if it does---I will definitely check it with vag-com.
  2. J

Just to add....not even a google search turned up some source for relay module B. But Im thinking there are some internet salvage companies that could supply one?
  3. J

All of a sudden the left and right brake lights stopped working. Also both turn signals stopped working. Only the led marker/ running lights still work. Looked it up in my Bently manual and the voltages are coming out of control relay module B underneath the lh side of dash. Seems odd that there...
  4. J

All of a sudden the left and right brake lights stopped working. Also both turn signals stopped working. Only the led marker/ running lights still work. Looked it up in my Bently manual and the voltages are coming out of control relay module B underneath the lh side of dash. Seems odd that there...
  5. J

Need new 2006 jetta tdi drivers door latch

Yea, the only vw dealership in town wants 296.00 plus tax! They matched it from vin #. This is why they are called stealerships. I can get a Dorman assy through Amazon for 140.00. The compatibility check in Amazon says its compatible....but I wonder. But I did enter my vin#. I read a comment...
  6. J

Need new 2006 jetta tdi drivers door latch

Got a big problem now with our 06 Jetta. The drivers door does not latch closed. I have found videos showing how to do the replacement. I need a new latch urgently. Is this a part that I can only get from a junkyard or from a VW dealership? What might it cost?
  7. J

Broke blend door control cable....fix?

Its a 2006 tdi jetta. I replaced the environmental ctrl panel when trying to fix inop ac compressor. This wasnt cause of ac not working, and it just made new problems. Now the blower motor runs strong but i dont know where the air is going....theres almost no air coming out of any vent unless...
  8. J

Would you buy this 3013 Passat or not?

Its the SE premium model. Its got 134k mi on it. Havent test driven it yet. Photos look about showroom perfect. The car is at a dealer 150 mi away. The carfax shows that at 80k miles both the turbo and oil pump were replaced. Some VW dealership in San Antonio did the work. In the last 54k mi...
  9. J

Would you buy this 2013 Passat TDI?

Its the SE premium model. Its got 134k mi on it. Havent test driven it yet. Photos look about showroom perfect. The car is at a dealer 150 mi away. The carfax shows that at 80k miles both the turbo and oil pump were replaced. Some VW dealership in San Antonio did the work. In the last 54k mi...
  10. J

FE of a 2010 Jetta tdi sportwagon S ?

Im replacing a 2006 Jetta tdi 4 door sedan. It consistently got 44mpg hwy. I dont want to replace it with a jetta tdi that gets any less. I am thinking that the sportwagon version would be heavier, and so would be less mpg?
  11. J

Mpg of a jetta sportwagon?

I currently have a 2006 jetta tdi sedan. Not a wagon body style. Brm engine. It consistently gets 44mpg hwy. I need to replace it now at 330k mi. Jdtta tdi are pretty scarce, but i located one that is a 2010 jetta tdi sportwagon with moon roof. (Wish it didnt have a moon roof, its just a...
  12. J

What is the best year and platform Tdi to buy?

Ok.....so if I make the switch to a manual mk5/brm from my current auto mk5/brm, I would still probaby be replacing the dmf around 200k miles. But what about servicing? Does the manual trans do away with the 40k (very expensive) fluid and filter requirement?
  13. J

Another question..... Im looking to maybe buy a manual 5 speed jetta tdi 2006. But i notice the epa mpg is only 37 hwy. But the mpg hwy should be around 44. Thats what my 06 jetta tdi with auto gets hwy. So does the 5 speed not have the overdrive gear? Needs to be a 6-spd maybe?
  14. J

Well if the auto is just a manual with the mechatronic control to shift gears, then is there also a dual mass flywheel in the manual jetta tdi?
  15. J

Well seems like I have been hearing/ reading for a long time that the ultimate diesel sedan as far as mpg was the manual jetta tdi. If its really not better, ill just replace my jetta tdi auto with another auto. But am I right that it was only the 06's that had dsg flyweels going bad...