Recent content by jiggseob

1. J

considering buying MkV Jetta with electrical problems

he's raised his price to $800 now. I'm going to wait and see if someone buys it for $800, I'm not going up on my price. Winters coming and he's unemployed....
  2. J

considering buying MkV Jetta with electrical problems

I've had three ALH MkIV's, and many MkI and MkII Rabbits Jettas and Golfs. Now, a 2006 MkV Jetta with 240,000kms is falling out of favour with my neighbour. It needs a rear wheel bearing and brakes, which do not scare me at all. But further to that ... Theres some electrical weirdness. A...
  3. J

Have to change my oil-pan... questions

Oil pan done.... The donor car for the pan was a 2.0 gasser. The recipient car a TDI with 01M auto. I did not do the $70 new oil pan suggested because with shipping across the iron-curtain border to Canada is PITA. Our Canadian peso is not favourable these days. It would have cost $150 or...
  4. J

Have to change my oil-pan... questions

A crack, that drips slowly, then drips really fast when I push on it with a finger. Its an 01M auto, and I can get a free pan off a 2.0 litre gasser - but I have to take it off in the cold - I am told the 2.0 gasser oilpan is the same. Queries on parts site indeed show that oilpan fits 2.0 or...
  5. J

All my eng oil came out of the intercooler hose

into the shop for a closer look, will drag it with the Kubota.... This is wifes car, 03 ALH wagen, 01M automatic. 320k, 200kmi. The automatic is starting to "surge", I've done two tranny oil changes, and it still surges. So after consultation with wife - she drives the car - we will probably...
  6. J

All my eng oil came out of the intercooler hose

A big puke of oil in the snow under the car. Looks like it has come out of the lower intercooler hose. I have to start it to drive it into the shop... I'm going to add oil back up to level, start and drive in, and observe exactly where oil comes from. Any advice? I'm guessing the turbo is...
  7. J

2001 Jetta TDI VE IP

Whats happening with the dead IP? On my old 300k+mile Beetle, I re-sealed the input shaft of the injection pump when it was super hard starting. The shop I took it to said the injection pump needed rebuild to the tune of $2k.Since the car wasn't worth that, I dragged it home. See that the...
  8. J

Free to me H&R Springs .. will they fit the 03 Wagen??

Helping a scrap dealer buddy gather and take scrap to the metal-cycler, come across some shocks and springs that I know are removed from VW Jetta 2002. They are H&R 54725.55F for the front springs, and 54725.55R for the rear springs. They are accompained by koni struts/shocks front/rear...
  9. J

Identify laft/right front springs

My 03 Jetta needs new shocks, i mentioned this to a guy I know that works at a wrecker. From a Jetta going to crush, he removes strut assemblies. How he split the front knuckle to take the strut out of the knuckle I don't know, but he did it. Anyways, I have two struts with springs, paint...
  10. J

Rear axle bearing re & re 'how to'

1-3/16 twelve-point inch socket is what works The 1-3/16 12-point socket is what works for rear wheel bearing nut. It also works for front axle nut. 1-3/16 = 30.1625 mm. But the 1-3/16 goes on and works great. I have access to a 2000 Jetta, it is headed to the crusher after a side...
  11. J

Intermittent Generator/Alternator/Battery Light

Optima red-top is back to 12.4 volts standing.... After running car from Winnipeg back to Alberta with replacement alternator, after sitting overnight, the battery had 12.52 volts across the terminals. The 10.8 volts is what was across the terminals of the battery after 8 hours of operation...
  12. J

Intermittent Generator/Alternator/Battery Light

A bit off topic for this thread, but alt related.... 03 Jetta tdi wagen, slushbox auto. I was at a funeral in Snow Lake Manitoba, travelled there (through flatland) from Edmonton. Then headed to Winnipeg. An hour into the 9 hour drive from Snow Lake to Winnipeg, the battery light comes on...
  13. J

Winnipeg Help!

Got it done... Studied the Jetta alternator replacement how-to. Bought the tools at Princess Auto. Went to North Main Auto Electric, Ted looked at alternator and went to fetch a Wilson rebuild from his supplier. I used his 4-post hoist to remove my old alternator, took an hour. He returned...
  14. J

The Alberta Thread.

Jiggs here in Round Hill 03 Jetta tdi wagen slushbox auto with 315kms 98 Beetle tdi 5spd with 520kms Currently stuck in winnipeg with toasted alternator on 03 Jetta Jiggs
  15. J

Winnipeg Help!

Also stuck in winnipeg Visisting from Alberta, in northern Manitoba (Snow Lake) travelling from there to Winnipeg, about an 8 hour drive. An hour out of snow lake, the battery light comes on. Pull over, check belt, belt is OK. Smell underhood, theres a slight smell of burnt electical stuff...