Recent content by jgeorge

1. J

Brake caliper pin and other parts lube

Dielectric grease works well- our shops use it every brake job - absolutely no issues and doesn't melt away- used on pad backing to prevent squealing, and on calliper pins
  2. J

Audi A3 Tdi 2010

Nice car! My wife finally gave hers up 2 weeks and I've taken it over- same year and color with the glass roof- enjoy it ☺️
  3. J

Metal in fuel filter

Changed my filter for the 5th time about 3 weeks ago- 143,000 km on the od- saw a couple of flecks, I've seen a very small amount at every change- now that I drive this car I'm adding an additional lubricity additive with every fill up- will change out the filter early to see if there is any...
  4. J

Lubricity-only additives?

Pathfinder Lubricants *Trijet* is made from canola oil as it base- excellent lubricity additive- 1 oz treats 55L. its ashless- liter cost $55 as i recall- been using it for about 9 yrs- goes in every tank - all products from this co. are very good
  5. J

RIP- My 2003 Golf

Sorry no pics- bit of a sore spot with what I'm driving right now but it's temporary- miss it a lot- but looking forward to driving the A3 come spring. Been on the road last number of days- sorry for the late reply.
  6. J

RIP- My 2003 Golf

Well it's gone- driving to work a few Saturday mornings ago- still dark- headlight glare coming my way. The deer had managed to make it across 3 lanes of highway - I was in the right lane- 90kph- I saw it at the very instant of impact and that was it- Both of us were done- the deer thrown to the...
  7. J

P047F, exhaust flap under warranty?

Get in contact with Audi of America. It should be covered. Here in Canada it is NOW covered. When it happened to my 2010 A3 we had 80,400 km. Warranty ended at 80,000. At first The dealership wouldn't budge but then decided to do a 50-50 split which still cost us 463.00. About 2 months later we...
  8. J

Kendall oil is number 1!

Nice ride Lightflyer1:cool:
  9. J

Kendall oil is number 1!

Das funny:D:D
  10. J

Shell rotella oil and our turbos

That's right Bob- American oil formulas are just thrown together "Willy Nilly"
  11. J

Shell rotella oil and our turbos

The way those quotes are worded specifying Shell Rotella and Rotella to me would be in reference to Shell Rotella which is a 15w40 Dino oil. No where is T6 synthetic mentioned. I know when I read Shell Rotella the 1st thing I think of is 15w40 Dino. Aaron definitely needs to clarify the wording.
  12. J

Replacement tire recommendation?

As a replacement tire for our A3 I chose the Michelin Primacy MXM4. Just got back from a 600km day trip. Tires are very quiet and very smooth. Completely happy with this choice. Better than the factory conti's it came with.
  13. J

Any Ontarians running Bio Diesel...

Hey JASONP- what you purchased from me was LubeCorp Premium Diesel plus. That really bumps the cetane up. I purchased that from Calgary. Came in a case of 8 litres and still have 2-3 left. I use other additives as well so it's lasted.
  14. J

VW announces timing for EA288 Diesel Engine debut

The dealer is Phaff Audi just north of Toronto. It was at the Canadian unveiling gala for the sedan held at this dealer earlier this year that I attended and asked these questions.
  15. J

VW announces timing for EA288 Diesel Engine debut

Seeing as we are in the market for the 2015 A3 sedan TDI which is to arrive in Canada in Aug '14, I asked the salesman about changes to the DPF system-will it use Urea and has the HPFP been redesigned. He said he would look into both of my concerns. Then his reply- - The A3 TDI is...