Recent content by JetWag03

1. JetWag03

TDIFest 2011 coming to Lexington, KY

Had hoped to come back to my hometown for TDIFest 2011, but as it turns out, I have to be in town the following weekend to help my parents move. I can't afford either the vacation time or expenses of being there two weekends in a row, so I'm going to have to pass. Nuts. :(
  2. JetWag03

How Much?

So, exactly how much beer and wine is required to do an AC recharge? :confused:
  3. JetWag03

Klink, klink, klink

For the past few weeks, I have heard, at low speed, a metallic klink-klink-klink sound coming from the driver's side of the car. It was somewhat rhythmic, and timed with the rotation of the wheels, but not perfectly so. Klink-klink----klink--klink. It would go away as my speed increased...
  4. JetWag03

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 16th

I'll be riding my vintage BMW, so I'll just put on my helmet as needed...;)
  5. JetWag03

Gunk MAF Cleaner

It's a FIVE-lobe security bit, not six like a torx. You can buy one from Metalnerd.
  6. JetWag03

Bagel Mod - How on Earth?!

Bagels have become pretty universal among American eaters, so I think we could conclude Jewish squirrels only if the bagel had a shmear of lox on it. :p
  7. JetWag03

What's this dash light?

Rotors are cheap. Why skimp on your brakes? I got the complete OEM front pad/rotor set, both wheels, at idparts.com for less than $100.
  8. JetWag03

Advice needed, should i do timing?

Are you sure you have the timing checker set for the correct engine? I see it says "all AFN". I'm not familiar with the UK models. Otherwise, it does seem to show an extremely advanced condition.
  9. JetWag03

Why do people obscure their license plate #s?

Just an extra level of security in the internet age. Who knows what can be done with any little bit of personal information? I'm trying to stay on the safer side.
  10. JetWag03

TDIFest 2011 coming to Lexington, KY

Awesome! I am a native of Lexington, and still have family there. I definitely will be planning on attending this one. :D
  11. JetWag03

Power window repair

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. I attempted to roll down my driver side window when it was frozen shut, and it popped out of the clamps. The window motor was running, but the window did not move down. In my case, I ran the window motor back up, hoping it would hold the...
  12. JetWag03

Car feeling weird after getting winter tires installed !

Winter tires generally have deeper tread and more siping than all-seasons. This equates to more tire squirm, especially when new. It is quite normal for them to feel exactly as you describe. It's one of the trade-offs you make for better snow traction. I bought a set of winter tires...
  13. JetWag03

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 10th

Thanks to Marty and Sandy for hosting yet another fabulous GTG! Lotsa good people, and lotsa good food (the chili was superb!) and fabulous weather. What more could you ask for?
  14. JetWag03

Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 10th

YES! Those guys book up quickly, so to be sure you have a time slot, definitely contact them.
  15. JetWag03

Another Warmitup Question

Thanks for the responses, guys. Just to be clear, this is a theoretical query on my part. I am more curious about the physics of the problem, not the practical application. I didn't know if maybe someone else had already done some research. :confused: I do drive the car in lower gears...