Recent content by jettajim

1. J

DPF deletion question

Thanks for the info Don! I know about the higher rpms & the fans during the regen cycle--I just forgot to mention them. I hate hearing the fans running for so long after the engine is shut off. Kyle, I know there's a bunch of DPF info out there. I just don't have the days to read it all...
  2. J

DPF deletion question

Alright here goes. Can this be removed w/o any vagcom or any other adjustments? I owned '00 and '01 Jetta TDIs and have done ALL the maintenance on them and was heavily involved with TDIClub. I just sold my '01 at 240k just a few months ago and it was an awesome car! I have not been as...
  3. J

Removal of the filler tube insert

Thanks corsair (one of my favorite WWII planes).
  4. J

I haven't done this yet but thought that by doing it, I would be left with the same filler tube opening that my '01 Jetta TDI had. Is that not correct or is it just that the semi nozzles are that much bigger. I had TDIs since '00 and have never had to use the truck pumps--I guess I'm lucky:)...
  5. J

If the method above does not work I will use your method. Thanks!
  6. J

I found what may work. This is on a '13 Jetta but will probably be the same on a '14 Golf. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=365920
  7. J

Thanks Murphy. What advantage does this give while filling up? I am looking for a method to remove the filler neck piece. This is the piece that allows only diesel nozzles to be inserted. I'm sure this not a one piece filler tube all the way to the tank--or is it.? I always fill my tank...
  8. J

Is there a write-up of how to remove this? This is the part that only allows car diesel nozzles to be inserted. I have a '14 Golf TDI and filling it up is a pain compared to my old TDIs. Thanks,
  9. J

Misc new parts for A4 '00 & '01 Jetta TDI

I'm glad that they will work in your car! Thanks for the purchase.
  10. J

FS: Honda 1997-2001 Service Manual CR-V

Honda Motor Co., LTD. Service Publication 1432 pages Excellent condition, no torn pages, cover is not torn Kept in a 3" binder $55 (includes s/h)
  11. J

FS: Bentley Service Manual-Houston

For: GTI, Golf, Jetta Gasoline, Diesel, Turbo Diesel Including 16V 1985 - 1992 ISBN = 0-8376-0342-0 Bentley Stock Number = VG92 Great condition with no ripped pages. Cover is not torn. $40 total (s/h included)