Recent content by Jetta_Pilot

1. Jetta_Pilot

DEF usage on 2015 Passat

If I can I buy my DEF at a truckstop at a DEF pump in bulk. Bring your own clean container. Way cheaper than those prepackaged 2.5 gal containers.
  2. Jetta_Pilot

Just bought a 2013 Passat tdi

You may be right oilhammer, but then my former car was a 2002 Jetta TDI with the automatic tranny which was supposed to be the worst tranny ever. I never had a problem with it. I believe it also depends on the drivers driving habits or driving style. If you beat the crap out of a vehicle...
  3. Jetta_Pilot

Just bought a 2013 Passat tdi

A few things, you are posting in the "Ontario" forum ! Also a new engine at less than 100k ? These problems on this car would indicate some neglect on the previous owners part or abusive usage. !!! My car is a 2015 and I have none of those part failures at under 100k.
  4. Jetta_Pilot

Cold start 2015 TDI Passat

Thanks again, lots of good info in that amit9. I now know what I should be doing, I hope.
  5. Jetta_Pilot

TDI keyless Passat cold weather start

Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated.
  6. Jetta_Pilot

Thank you P2B and Johnny04. Appreciate the info and will follow your instructions.
  7. Jetta_Pilot

TDI keyless Passat cold weather start

I have a 2015 TDI Passat DSG automatic with KESSY key-less entry push button start. I have never had the car in freezing weather spending my winters in Mexico. Due to health issues I will be staying in the cold this winter and would like to know what procedures I need to follow to start when...
  8. Jetta_Pilot

The manual does not tell me much for the KESSY system, that's why I am hoping that someone can tell me. As I said I have never ever had my car in COLD weather ! Maybe I should have stated "Automatic transmission and KESSY" system. In other words NO ignition key ! This is what the manual says...
  9. Jetta_Pilot

I have never been in Ontario in the winter with my car and would like some information on starting my car in the cold. Due to health reasons I cannot travel anymore. My former 2002 Jetta TDI I turned the key and waited for the glow-plug light to go off and then started the engine. My Passat TDI...
  10. Jetta_Pilot

VCDS HEX-V2 with a tablet just as good as HEX-NET?

I use a HEX-V2 together with a cheap NETBOOK. It is ONLY for the VCDS and nothing else so is plenty fast enough. Absolutely no other programs other than WINDOWS on the Netbook.
  11. Jetta_Pilot

2012 JSW can I remove the muffler

As Oilhammer says. I did it to my then 2002 Jetta. All it did was to cause an annoying droning inside the cabin and especially for rear seat passengers. To eliminate that I ended up having a straight through (Hollywood) muffler installed.
  12. Jetta_Pilot

2015 Passat parasitic drain

I too have a 2015 Passat and have never found a fuse diagram anywhere and the dealer will not pass the info on. So my workarouind is this, a bit expensive though. Buy the Littlr fuse smart glo fuses and swap the old fuses out to these. If anything blows, the Little Fuse Glo fuses will glow...
  13. Jetta_Pilot

TDI sel

Do a VW P205c search on GOOGLE, too many to all list here!
  14. Jetta_Pilot

Diesel price...

East of Markham. WHERE????? Only one I know is near Deseronto.
  15. Jetta_Pilot

Which one of you is this?

Nuts !