Recent content by jessenator

1. jessenator

Turbo noise (not air/pressure)

Well, I took it and and got it back the same day. Turns out it was a "failed" exhaust bracket, nothing more… well I'm glad that's all it was, but feel kinda sheepish for how big of deal I was making it (what else is new in my life? hah.) Also good that it was marked to be taken care of under...
  2. jessenator

Alright. Sorry it took so long but here are some vids (audio is more important) and thankfully the sound does come through, despite the normal engine sounds. I did two and even though they're about a minute or less a piece, I didn't edit them...
  3. jessenator

Thanks for the responses. I'm fairly positive— I test drove several TDI JSWs the day I bought mine, and I may be getting my wires crossed. I stopped by the dealership this morning on my way to work and filled them in. Hopefully I'll get a response today. Yes, I'm hoping to get it all worked...
  4. jessenator

In manual mode it persists when I hang right around 2k RPM. same noise, hasn't really gotten louder or more intense. But like I said, it's very brief when putting the hammer down. I like a more tempered driving approach though. I did notice that day after opening my hood they neglected to...
  5. jessenator

Greetings all, I know noise diagnoses can be a joke amongst car people, so I'll do my best to paint a proper picture. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen - DSG - 112k miles - stock—Since the sound comes on right around 2,000 rpm as the turbo starts to spool, and drops off on upshift, I can only assume it's...
  6. jessenator

Up-to-date trusted/recommended list

That's a generous offer even just to help/advise let alone lend me tools. My in-laws are in Heber, so I might take you up on that. I'll PM you.
  7. jessenator

Up-to-date trusted/recommended list

Hey, all. Just joined up and wondered about the wonderfully comprehensive list compiled and organized so nicely on the forum: https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044 How recent are the recommendations? For Utah specifically, I noticed the Map version is a bit out of date, and...
  8. jessenator

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Greetings, all. Just bought a 2012 Sportwagen TDI as my new daily. Hoping to wrench on it after a while—not so much for modding, but for maintenance. Not new to car work, just new to VWs; and by all accounts their tolerances are quite tighter than what I'm used to, so I'm going to take it easy...