Recent content by Jesse_Boyer

1. J

ALH Alternator and A/C compressor, oil and fuel filters, boost tubes, etc

All: Someone has contacted me locally and would like to pick these up. We're attempting to coordinate a time for pickup. Will update with further details. I can't ship them, however.
  2. J

ALH Alternator and A/C compressor, oil and fuel filters, boost tubes, etc

ALH Alternator and A/C compressor, oil and fuel filters, boost tubes, plastic fan, engine side cover, etc, etc I'd like to donate these to someone in the greater Sioux Falls region. Please write a 10-page essay about why you deserve to be considered or send me a PM and just ask :)... they're...
  3. J

WTB : Ross tech VCDS

Nevermind. Keeping mine for now.
  4. J

DSG fluid service kit, engine air filter, cabin air filter

Purchased for a 2013 Passat TDI DSG. I have 5 liters of Liqui-Moly and two filters left over from my '2013 Passat TDI DSG. Also including a cabin air filter and engine air filter. Pick-up near Sioux Falls, SD. Get it before 29 Oct (I'm moving.) $75 obo.
  5. J

MK4 Jetta/Golf heater core - cheap

I have no idea. I thought I paid about 50 bucks for it back in the day, but it's been sitting in storage since around 2011
  6. J

MK4 Jetta/Golf heater core - cheap

I found a new MK4 Jetta/Golf heater core in my pile of parts and I don't need it. It's new and it's not going to be expensive. $20 + shipping and it's yours.
  7. J

synchromesh safe for 02j?

(this started off short, but ended up rather long.) Just because something is or isn't GL-4/5/6 rated doesn't mean all is well/perfect. It means the fluid company has paid the testing entity to test their fluid and the fluid passed. Shear, viscosity, moisture retention, etc. It certainly...
  8. J

synchromesh safe for 02j?

I tried Penn's version of Synchromesh and wasn't thrilled. Swapping to this specifically helped immensely (note the "friction modified" designation)...
  9. J

'13 Passat WeatherTech, DSG service, Oil, etc. ALH tool rental/sale

ALH timing tools sold. Shipping ASAP. The rest is up for grabs, would rather someone semi-local buy it. I could potentially deliver to Omaha or Minneapolis sometime as I travel there occasionally.
  10. J

'13 Passat WeatherTech, DSG service, Oil, etc. ALH tool rental/sale

For the first time since '07, I'm without a TDI. Thus, some stuff is for sale. I'm in Sioux Falls, SD and would prefer a local sale, but can work with someone on shipping. '13 TDI (CKRA) related: WeatherTech front and rear mats. Perfect for winter, used for 6-months in our Passat. $125. I...
  11. J

Injector/engine Nailing/knocking noise when cold

My wife's '13 Passat experiences a knocking/pinging/nailing noise when the engine is cold. It gets worse with more throttle. If the engine is warm, there is no noise. It's very much like the noise in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGn9DZ3ZkI It started out mild a short while...