Recent content by jerryn63

1. jerryn63

So long and thanks for the fish

I've only owned my 2014 Beetle TDI premium for 8 months but the VW emissions drama and worrying about how much money I was going to loose along with reading 2014 Jetta TDI is now only getting $8k at auction motivated me to trade it in, take some cash out of my 401k and buy a 2016 Jeep Wrangler...
  2. jerryn63

Just buy back California vehicles and get the CARB out

I wanted to put an end to the VW drama in my life so I traded it in for A 2016 Jeep Wrangler. It's time for an off road fun vehicle for me.
  3. jerryn63

VW Predictions for 2016

VW will probably sell Bentley and Bugatti I'd imagine Volkswagen will have to restructure... selling off Bentley and Bugatti.
  4. jerryn63

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Does anyone have access to Manheim Auction prices ? A friend of mine has a Manheim account. 2014/2015 Jetta TDI and Jetta TDI wagons are now averaging $8k at auction. When I saw that I traded in my 2014 TDI Beetle Premium before it's value hit rock bottom. I got $14k.. for a car that should...
  5. jerryn63

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Nooooooooooo! :eek: I'd fall asleep at the wheel driving a Leaf or Prius. very boring vehicles. Plus electricity is starting to skyrocket in south eastern massachusetts because we are losing our large coal & oil fired generation plant (Brayton Point) and Pilgrim Nuclear (same technology as...
  6. jerryn63

I think a lot of us are thinking about getting a Qpro or equivalent to back up our ECUs. I plan on getting a lock for the ECU port too. I don't want VW tampering with my car.
  7. jerryn63

Here's why my TDI only has 7k miles ... My daily commute to work increased to 120 miles/day. I traded in my Wrangler for the TDI. The TDI made sense at the time. My Wrangler had 34" wheels and the 60 mile ride up and back would get old at 15mpg. I Ended up finding an opportunity closer to...
  8. jerryn63

Is there a way to password protect.my ECU on a 2014 TDI

Cool! At least I'll know when they want to access the port. This looks like the answer.
  9. jerryn63

Is there a way to password protect.my ECU on a 2014 TDI

My TDI is getting high mpg (62mpg long road trips no traffic, 42 mpg 18 mile daily commute moderate/heavy traffic). I want to keep the vw dealers hands off my ECU. The vehicle is my property so I should be able to. Will Vagcom allow me to back it up and lock it ?
  10. jerryn63

Yeah I got a lowball offer for my 2014 TDI w/7k miles. I told them to stick it up thier ass. it wasn't any better than what Edmunds lists my car for.. in fact it was lower. It was the BASE Trade in value. they didn't add for equipment, mileage, and condition. screw em. I'll get a Malone...
  11. jerryn63

Beetle TDI Real World MPG

real world mpg 2014 beetle tdi premium edition it all depends on road conditions, fuel. mileage of road trip, tire inflation ,etc. My commute to work 18 miles each way.. 40% moderate traffic, 20% heavy traffic, 40% light traffic - 43mpg My commute from work to home 18 miles each way...
  12. jerryn63

FE to expect from 2.0 CR TDI?

Here's what I get with my 2014 TDI It's cold outside.. 28F (-2C).. winter diesel blend out now.. 18 mile commute average 50mph. ---- 42mpg recent roadtrip (October 2015)300 mile drive to Bartlet, NH 62mpg It's going to warm up today to at least 10C. .. I expect to get around 44mpg...
  13. jerryn63

FE to expect from 2.0 CR TDI?

Alberta-- isn't it cold outside ? when it's cold diesel is blended with anti gel and kereosene. mpg will take a hit. I still achieve 43mpg during the commute to work. During the spring you will see at least 25% improvemnt.. unless the emissions fix reduces overall efecciency.
  14. jerryn63

Resale value in light of recent events

it's better to be able to trade the car in at 30k miles and not loose your shirt Let's face it. VW service is expensive. If you buy the car at a good price, take care of it, and trade it in at a non VW dealership you should do great.. but you can't because of #dieselgate I didn't plan on...
  15. jerryn63

Has anyone tried to play video from a mdi device ?

I've got an RNS510 in my TDI. It's been working fine with my ipod touch connected to the mdi interface. Has anyone figured how to play video from the mdi interface ? I might try to create a folder with the same format as a DVD (TS_VIDEO, TS_AUDIO, etc. ) Has anyone tried this already ?