Recent content by Jedda03SGP

1. Jedda03SGP

03 Jetta ALH - Engine no start problem

rw, sorry, missed the subtlety of your post, and my lack of attention to detail. Anyway, I did not put "gas" in it, :eek: fortunately, but I have had the car for 9 years now !!! Thanks, Steve
  2. Jedda03SGP

Connector picture from picpaste http://picpaste.com/pics/Photo_Jan_08__9_19_18_PM-gyiw2pHp.1452524206.jpg
  3. Jedda03SGP

JET, yes I had all connections cleaned up and greased with di-electric grease. Turns out the problem was the single wire lead to the starter solenoid. It had work hardened and cracked right at the connector, under the bright green grommet that inserts into the end of the connector. Cleaned...
  4. Jedda03SGP

whhaaaaatt ???
  5. Jedda03SGP

Need a little insight. Just finished a clutch R&R, car started right after, but a day later, it won't turn over. First thing this AM I turned key, nothing, turned off key and tried again, the starter turned and it fired fine. Got gas, went to fire up and nothing. All lights come on on...
  6. Jedda03SGP

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Engine Light coming on (CEL), probably the glow plugs and/or harness. Harness usually needs replaced at some time. Part gumming up.....did your guy mention the intake manifold I guess? Fuel gauge dropping ?/ haven't heard of that one. There is a good foreign car mechanic up on Rt 8 in...
  7. Jedda03SGP

ALH parts

Nope, Thanks
  8. Jedda03SGP

ALH parts

Nope, need the EGR valve. tx
  9. Jedda03SGP

Wanted: 2000 Golf Headliner

Have Black non-sunroof HL Tex, I have a black one, no sunroof. Can send pix if interested still.
  10. Jedda03SGP

ALH parts

EGR valvel and "parts" Will take EGR and any other parts related for the $20 + shipping to PA 15116. PM me for my address. Thanks,
  11. Jedda03SGP

EGR throwing CEL even though cleaned

Yup, paint thinner must do something bad. Diaphram is not airtight. It's toast ! Thanks
  12. Jedda03SGP

EGR throwing CEL even though cleaned

Need help. Cleaned my EGR after having the CEL go on and VAGCOM showed EGR flowing intermittently. Pu t all back together and I am still getting the CEL and same VAGCOM error with the EGR flow. But I MAY have caused my own problem. Read on a thread that you are not supposed to soak the EGR...
  13. Jedda03SGP

This Can't Be Good ... Take a look ....

J-Bird, ya done me proud boy !! Way to go! That IS quite an accomplishment. I know who to call when I have a run in with any object that impedes my progress, if ya know what I mean. It didn't tend toward any curbs on your test drive did it ??!!! That is great !! We'll paint 'er up in the...
  14. Jedda03SGP

03 outta gas, air bubbles in clear fuel line...????

Yes, diesel it is. And I replaced the fuel filter altogether. Replaced o-rings with new. Tested just the filter and the T fitting with my MityVac thingy. Took inlet from tank and capped, put Vac on outlet to pump. Left T in place, cranked 20 in/pds on the Vac and the T o-rings held just...
  15. Jedda03SGP

Little Pittsburgh Clan

GTG ?? What up wit dat? Real newbie, what is a GTG? Sorry 'bout that.