Recent content by jdulle

1. J

Shifter linkage play

That conversion sounds nice, but I think I am just going to fix the part that's broken for now. I don't have an inside area to work on the car yet, and I usually do the serious stuff in the summertime if I can. I might have to wait to have that linkage until I buy an ALH in a few years.
  2. J

Shifter linkage play

For the O2J upgrade does that include the section in the car, or just the section on top of the transmission?
  3. J

Shifter linkage play

If necessary it looks like I can get 1J0711202B from eBay. I am thinking I will get the carrier from Id parts.
  4. J

Shifter linkage play

I think the shift carrier is where the play is, but it is really hard to see what the part looks like without taking it all apart.
  5. J

Shifter linkage play

would that be the shift lever, and shift carrier on Id parts? Or is there another source?
  6. J

Shifter linkage play

I have been having this issue with my silver b4, 253k mi. Over the course of a few weeks it became more difficult to get into 2nd and 4th gear, and if not deliberate about shifting it would either pop out or go into this in-between space where it grinds. I changed the fluid, which helped...
  7. J

'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

No hurry, I have been living with the vents set in the face position for a couple of years. In the winter it is nice to have defrost and foot warming though.
  8. J

I suppose I am too late, but if you are back there I could use the interior HVAC control panel. I was going to buy one from ToddA1, but I didn't move fast enough and it is sold now.
  9. J

is there another way to fill transmission oil?

Filling through the speed sensor worked great. The transmission shifts a little better but not much. I used Redline MTL GL-4 fluid.
  10. J

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

I changed my transmission fluid, filling through the speed sensor, on the silver one. Also put some new tires on the front of the green one.
  11. J

Great, I'll give it a try.
  12. J

I have found another source for the climate control dials and sun visor clip.
  13. J

How do you remove that sensor? Perhaps it will become obvious once I take off the electrical connector. I am going to attempt this weekend to get that changed.
  14. J

I think I am going to try the speed sensor hole, and put a full 2 qts in. I figure at least .1 qt will stay in there if I don't let it drip for an hour.
  15. J

Is that the sensor on the top toward the firewall? I seem to remember my other car taking slightly less than 2 quarts. So if I do this, I am thinking of adding this amount and hoping it is about right. I might try and fit a torx in there and try and get the old one out.