Recent content by JDSwan87

1. JDSwan87

Exhaust fumes smell in cab. How to find leak?

I was actually referring to the EGR flex pipe because others had already mentioned the exhaust flex pipe.
  2. JDSwan87

Exhaust fumes smell in cab. How to find leak?

EGR deleted as in physically removed form the car? Or just tuned out? If just tuned out, with equipment still in place, check your EGR accordion tubes.
  3. JDSwan87

2003 a4 jetta blip throttle results in rough idle

Isn't the IQ like a "slide" inside of the pump? If it is, could the slide be gunked up and/or sticking, causing the issue?
  4. JDSwan87

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Brothers car: fixed his broken EGR pipes (both accordion pipes broke, no boost), swapped intake manifold with a cleaned unit while we were at it. All better now and power is back like it should be.
  5. JDSwan87

Build of a different color

Herm, that's a neat trike!
  6. JDSwan87

Rear suspension

I think you would feel a bent rim. Only other way to check is have an alignment done.
  7. JDSwan87

Wed Wagon in Detroit

Not a wedding of wagons!!
  8. JDSwan87

Jetta Wagon Rear Bumper Questions

Bringing this back up... Swapping a "shorty" wagon bumper onto a 2003+ wagon. Is all that is necessary is PN 1J0 807 305? Also, searching PN 1J0 807 305, it comes up as a Golf bumper reinforcement, can anyone confirm that ANY Golf rear bumper reinforcement will work?
  9. JDSwan87

Timing Belt Kit Replacement

Try r90sKirk. He might be interested, although I hear he is being selective on the work he takes on.
  10. JDSwan87

For Sale: 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, Denver, Great Deal for Someone Wanting a Passion Project, $1800

No way I would buy a precise component like a HPFP off Ebay. Are CP3 swaps still available?
  11. JDSwan87

Am shopping for a reliable, affordable Power Steering Rack for Wife's 2000 Golf

I actually just replaced my brother power steering line, the common "rust prone" one that makes a loop under the engine on the left side of the vehicle. I suggest buying an extra set of crush washers, you'll inevitably lose one. The line I bought came with a set and I bought a spare set... I...
  12. JDSwan87

Am shopping for a reliable, affordable Power Steering Rack for Wife's 2000 Golf

IDPARTS will tell you if you email or call them. They really do drive diesel and know their products.
  13. JDSwan87

SOLD: 2000 New Beetle TDI (5 speed swapped) - $3750 OBO - Blaine MN

Such a sweet looking Beetle. Always wanted a lifted "beefy" one. I would love to maintain this with no hood stack or dumb $#!+. Just sucks you are so far away...