Recent content by JDM Mike 02

1. J

CP3 pump install - it’s installed

it came with a bracket that didn’t work on my car. Perhaps it works on previous gen TDIs? I just drilled out the spot welds on the factory bracket and filter housing and used that. Thanks I’ll try that.. would have been pretty easy when I have the front clip off.. not so much now..
  2. J

Added a Nicktane filter kit and rawtek delete.. I’ve put almost 3,000 miles on this setup and I’ve been averaging 52mpg to work (commute from PA to NYC) very pleased with everything. Need to get a little barb fitting so I can delete that def injector
  3. J

I know in the Fords powerstroke it’s to sync the pump strokes with the injectors firing. Perhaps this is the same reason on the TDI? I personally liked the fact I could lock the pump, crank and cam.. timing belt swap on the CRUA (once you remove all the bs engineers put in the way) is one of...
  4. J

That’s different than mine.. Unfortunately I didn’t take any pics This is the original kit they sent me
  5. J

The body of the pump wouldn’t physically fit in the factory bracket with the darkside mount adapter. Do you happen to have a picture of your mount adapter?
  6. J

You’re not modifying the bracket with it installed
  7. J

I finally got this installed and running. Had a delay waiting for the correct parts to come in stock at Darkside and then ran into further delays due to work and weather. What’s a good image hosting site ? This was by no means a quick and simple swap, it’s much easier on the previous...
  8. J

I received the wrong pump kit. Darkside has the correct kit on its way to me.
  9. J

For anyone that’s installed a CP3 pump on your CRUA, did you swap over a different pump gear? The kit I got from dark side has an adapter for a gear that bolts on to it but my factory gear does not bolt on. It’s two pieces but seems the first piece is pressed on to the shaft of the pump while...
  10. J

-10F Nooooo Problem!

You were correct, towed it home and put it in the garage. Added some diesel 911 to the tank and fuel filter housing.. see if she'll start when I get home. Its -4 outside but 45 in the garage.
  11. J

-10F Nooooo Problem!

-4 (-17 with windchill) this morning, my TDI started right up no problem.. let it idle while I let the dog out. Got about 10 minutes from the house then the glow plug light started flashing, followed by check engine light.. would start back up for a few seconds but would not stay idling Had to...
  12. J

Should i buy new 2015 golf TDI or should i wait for buybacks?

Dealership I bought my '15 Golf SE from for 28k (23k after rebate) new had a used '15 Golf SE with over 20k miles for 24k. It was a no brainer to get the new Golf with the 5k rebate and 0% for 6 years.