Recent content by jasonngan

1. J

Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Control

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont I vag-commed my 02 jetta again and found that the actual MAP value is always lower than the specified MAP value for about 100mbar when rpm is increasing. The actual MAP value will match the specified MAP only when the rpm is relatively low...
  2. J

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont sign... My car finally got the engine light again even though it has been running much smoother than first. I guess I will clean up the check valve to see if it got stuck and then VNT and replace vacuum hoses. Any suggestions other than these?
  3. J

GB ***ACTIVE***: SS Vacuum line kits

Re: GB FEELER: SS Vacuum line kits Hi Wingnut or other seller, do you still have more vacuum hoses kit for sale? Thanks
  4. J

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont I finally get it to accelerate up to about 85+mph. Is it normal? I remember I should be able to get up to 90mph in the past. I found a piece of paper on the snow screen and I was shocked. That looks like some label originally sticked on a...
  5. J

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont Thanks so much for your time and effort, M.D.! What's GTG actually? Your suggestion is great and I will try to check out every single one of them. By the way, is there anyone living in the St Louis who is willing to help? Does any reader here...
  6. J

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont It seems that there's great resistance after sucking on that valve for little bit. Does that mean the problem is not from the EGR valve. What else would you suggest me to check? Thanks a lot! Jason
  7. J

Re: Check Engine Light: 17964 Charge Pressure Cont Thanks a lot, M.D. I will try it out tomorrow morning and find out. Thanks!
  8. J

I saw your info. Are you still getting 55ish mpg gas mileage right now?
  9. J

By the way, compared with another post http://forums.tdiclub.com/showflat.php?C...rue#Post1090488 it seems that the specified MAP is similiar (about 1800/1900 at its maximum) but my actual MAP is rather low. The actual MAP did not reach 1200 when it's maximum. Do you know the difference between...
  10. J

Hi All, I am a newbie to TDIclub. Thanks for all your posts and help in the past and they have been helpful. I have a 2002 Jetta TDI without any modification so far. Last week, my car had an engine light on and I used vag-com 311.2 and found out that it got "17964 - Charge Pressure Control...
  11. J

Low Gas Mileage

Thanks for answering my questions and being helpful though.
  12. J

Low Gas Mileage

I just bought my TDI and I found that the gas mileage is quite low. I drove in city and also on highway. I found that gas mileage to be up 20s. It is a 2002 TDI Jetta GLS with 118000 miles on it. The owner change the oil last month. By the way, I wondering what is the best oil and oil filter I...