Recent content by jason_

1. J

Lost keyfob

Nice. Ill check. And even better. Found one of the original fob that went through the wash and dry twice. The button isnt soft. Or maybe its supposed to be and cooked from the clothes dryer? It was in the glove compartment of another vehicle. And 2 years worth of registration stickers for 4...
  2. J

Lost keyfob

Actually, I didn't care. Its together. Chances to find something similiar, risks of shorting/burning pcb, its a pass in my book. No longer water proof, itll never start the car without a fob battery, needs a blade cut, but most importantly.......... Where can I find the little VW button? and...
  3. J

Lost keyfob

Opinions? I was going to try soldering it on, but not sure if its polarized? Id imagine its the magnetic field coil for when the fob battery is not functional.
  4. J

Lost keyfob

That's the pun on me. My "backup" stayed in the cubby as the other one has been drenched and heated twice, I didn't trust it. I had to pull vacuum on it for a day to dry it out so the buttons would work. Well, misplaced that, and used my backup. Since I've found half of it, and if I do find the...
  5. J

Lost keyfob

Haha. Their claim was the reason of prepay was because the key is ordered cut from across the pond. They said they can't cut blades. I did make a $5 copy and left the fob in the car wrapped in foil, so I could do swim and carry a copy. Best it does is unlock the vehicle. Not sure about the...
  6. J

Lost keyfob

Still going after 2 new fobs. The other one made 2 trips through the washer and dryer. This crunched one was my good backup. And it hasn't had surgery yet. PCB so far works and I'm dodging a tow bill. My only gain of terrible preparations was waiting to make 1 good fob copy after the 1st wash...
  7. J

Lost keyfob

Dude, I owe you a beer.
  8. J

Lost keyfob

Where can I find a fob case for the mk7 wagon? I can't find just the plastic, and further more the 4th panic button, unless both cases are the same and just the PCB/softpads are differennt? If I can find a new case to hold the battery, it'll be good enough for the dealer the program. I doubt...
  9. J

Lost keyfob

Could I order this and swap the guts? Then get another blade copied? Dealer said if i bring in working transponders theyll program them all at once. $50 to have a working protected keyfob. Unless someone knows where I ccan find an empty transponder carcass. Ill just keychain a copied blade...
  10. J

Lost keyfob

Well, found a broken transponder at work on the bench. Asked around how long its been there, timeframe seemed appropriate. Someone found it in the road. Missing the blade and cover, held a battery in it and sure as f'king sh*t, car unlocks. Half lucky I suppose. Two on order, and dealer...
  11. J

Lost keyfob

This juice isn't worth that squeeze Done it once, and that was for upgrading to the next gen infotainment. The keys are here somewhere, I drove the car here. And I'll not a struggling individual in todays easy world with only one vehicle, when there's so many vehicles around me.
  12. J

Key Fob is dead

No. Lost one few years ago in one house. I'm in the process moving out, hopefully I'll find it. Couple weeks ago I parked the car at another house I bought. Changed battery. Hit the lock button, then unlocked it. Opened and closed a door so car wouldn't relock after 45 seconds. And haven't see...
  13. J

Lost keyfob

Ugh. Guess I'll keep looking around the house. Dealer is over 90 miles. That's gonna add up on the flat bed.... /me checks air pressure in the Huffy......