Recent content by Janusz

1. J

WTB: MK4 Golf rear bumper

I have a black RB with an almost invisible scratch but I am in Vancouver BC
  2. J

100K Timing Belt Interval Qestion

Is the 100k new TB good for 100K on auto too? The original stock TB had a shorter interval for auto as opposed to manual. I do not want to wreck my engine by waiting too long
  3. J

Wheel bolts

Thank you guys for informative replies. I am using an antiseize (the silver stuff) in confidence then. The shifted rotor advice was also informative, intriguing and made sense, I'll be watching for that. I think I know now what the purpose of this seemingly useless single screw is.
  4. J

Wheel bolts

My MY2000 Golf TDI wheel bolts are extremely hard to remove and install; too rusty? too old? Can I use some lubricant safely? WD40? anything? Generally I am very hesitant to use anything since my brother insists that these bolts should remain dry and free from any lubricant. Please advice?
  5. J

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck now CJ-4

Thank you guys for such a prompt answer. There truly is no forum like this one.
  6. J

Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck now CJ-4

I've read all this thread and still cannot be sure what should I do. Could please somebody answer my question: I drive a 160k km 2000 TDI Golf and was always using Delvac 1, my last bottle is marked CI-4 plus. I need an oil change now and my supplier has in stock the new ESP 540 and also...
  7. J

Bilstein TC shocks

Thank you guys for help. I'm happy now.
  8. J

Bilstein TC shocks

The shock is stamped and labelled BNE-2942BE and its black body is maybe 1/2 inch shorter then stock and at max extension the whole mount to mount distance approx.3/4 inch shorter. Anyways after installation rides fine. If you could confirm the part # it would put my mind at ease.
  9. J

Bilstein TC shocks

I think the ride height depends on the spring not shock, isn't that so? Anyways, the new shock is shorter not longer; that means when fully extended it is shorter. Extends less. So it will restrict the wheel movement downwards, on extension. Is that a concern?
  10. J

Bilstein TC shocks

Hi, guys; I got a set of new shocks for my Y2K Golf from TDIParts and started installation rear first. When installing the first shock I realized that it is shorter then stock by maybe 1 inch. The part # seems to be correct. It worries me a little since it will surely restrict the suspension...
  11. J

Final drive oil check/topping up

[ QUOTE ] - Remove speedometer drive shaft and clean using a cloth. [/ QUOTE ] And right here is where I have a problem; HOW TO REMOVE THIS SPEEDO SHAFT? I did locate it on the top of transmission (I think that is the one, difficult access, the black plastic looking cap)but should I...
  12. J

Final drive oil check/topping up

I've searched for this info but no success. How do I pull this speedo/dipstick to check my final drive oil level on auto? Is it the one with a black plastic square top and the electric wire? The access is very tight and I do not want to break anything.
  13. J

Help Me Solve The Mistery Please

Should i trust the dealer enough to let them check the engine and transmission codes and more importantly would these codes show up now after all the symptoms and CEL disappeared mysteriously?
  14. J

Help Me Solve The Mistery Please

So my wife was driving our Y2K Golf (50,000 mi) and it suddenly died without any warning. It failed to start immediately but it then after approx.10 min wait it started normally but CEL was on and power was lower but not as low like a limping mode which you would have after disconnecting MAF for...
  15. J

Good mechanic

You're doing your car a huge favour already not taking it to the dealer. Go one step further and give it a little inspection once in a while.