Recent content by jakej78b

1. J

97 Passat TDI

Could be a tough grab to regain communication over 20 years later.
  2. J

FOUND! WTB ALH Stock Used Pistons

Thanks! Looking forward to taking on this project. Unfortunately, looks like most places are out of stock on piston rings right now for some reason, I'll have to shop around.
  3. J

FOUND! WTB ALH Stock Used Pistons

Popped the head off and found a wee bit of my pistons melted around the edge, block looks good though. Just looking to get a set at a reasonable price so I can rebuild the motor as an educational experience. I dont think I need the rods or anything else but if it's easier for you to include them...
  4. J

Mk4 jetta 1.9 tdi upgrade injectors for sale

It sounds like we need a good writeup on how to properly store injectors long term! I've got an engine all together that I was about to take apart and rebuild. I'd like to know a good way to store my injectors for a few months while I go through the process.
  5. J

Another TDI ALH no start

Makes you seriously wonder whether the rest of the work they did on the head was quality work... I'd be weary running that head.
  6. J

Parting out the Rotbox… 97 Jetta TDI

Interested in the starter. I sent you a pm.
  7. J

5th gear removal tips?

I've got the transmission out of the car, it's a spare transmission... I'm trying to remove the fifth gear set but it is incredibly tight on the splined shaft and I cannot get it to budge at all with my gear puller... any tips? Removed the selector already and I've got the gear on the top, the...
  8. J

FS: Alamogordo, NM - ALH Parts

Just updated the post. I also have wheels and tires, new Michelins that are less than 4 years old with good tread, the downpipe from the turbo all the way to the back, the fuel tank, abs brake system, brake booster, and the transmission, minus the fifth gear set, which I just shipped out!
  9. J

Another TDI ALH no start

I've seen them with 1" air I'm the clear line and the majority of them run just fine. Did you vacuum out the injection pump? Make sure your cam isn't 180 out... first 2 lobes should be pointing upward in a v shape at TDC.
  10. J

Center caps for steelies

I call mine rusties because they are rust colored :LOL:
  11. J

///// info on blower motor /////

Blower Motor (A4) 1J1819021C 87022 | IDParts.com - Diesel Parts
  12. J

FS- Brand New AMC 1.9L ALH Cylinder Head

Where would one obtain one of these KS heads? I might be in the market and I have heard the AMC heads are quite as good...
  13. J

ALH Head Camshaft cap cracked

Title pretty much says it all... am I boned? I can't just use a cap off of another head right since they are head specific? What should I do?
  14. J

timing belt and serpentine belt age

I have no doubt that the car I am buying needs the belt changed... I'm just wondering if it is safe to use the sellers belt (assume it isn't a prothe). I mean, I could also just get the belt for $40 and use the rest of the tbelt kit, which should have a longer shelf life... right?