Recent content by jag60mk2

1. J

New Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-USB Cable

Don, You are absolutely right! I agree with chazavw though - lets get a picture of this to clear it up.
  2. J

New Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-USB Cable

Hate to disagree with JSWTDI09, but the Ross Tech page shows the HEX CAN USB working on all VW's and Audis OBDII to present. The KII does NOT work on the newer cars - 2005.5 and up It DOES list for $349
  3. J

FS:Wagon Interior, complete, tan, A3, '95 GLX

I'm interested! PM me so we can talk Thanks
  4. J

B4 and B4V rust free body parts

How much for the rear wiper arm, emblem and left hatch lens from the wagon shipped to 08087? Thanks
  5. J

Wow, what just happened to my car?

I had loss of power for a long time and tried the N75, vacuum hoses and all the other checks recommennded befor eI eventually replaced the MAF. If you read 300 or so on the MAF under all conditions, it is the MAF. You could try cleaning it first as some people have had luck with that. Hope this...
  6. J

Pellets for the house

Another pellet stove success story - My wife convinced me to buy a Harmon XXV for our 2500 sq ft colonial. It is in the living room, so she wanted it to look nice. Nice reads "pricey" AND I never thought it would pay itself off. WOW was I wrong. The stove is on the first floor and the heat...
  7. J

95 Passat - Parting out whole car

Jake, I'd like to take a look at the car to see what I can use off it. I live in Tuckerton/Little Egg Harbor. PM me with good times to come over. I need lots of little things and maybe some bigger stuff.
  8. J

Hi, my first post.

Jeraass How do you pronounce that anyway? Welcome to the club! I'm at exit 59 on the GSP, but work in Piscataway, so by your way all the time. I have Vagcom if needed. Sweet ride.
  9. J

B4 Passat trouble shifting into 5th

Pharoah, That's the only adjustment I know of. When my adjustment went bad, I adjusted and tightened the nut on the shift cable holder. Shortly after that, I lost fifth gear again. That's when I found the shift cable holder was broken. Don't know if it was originally broken or if I broke it...
  10. J

97 GLX Alloy Rims on 96 B4 TDI?

Options Todd, Try VW Vortex. They separate the wheel sales by lug spacing. Here's an example of wheels I have on my Passat: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2874594 I also have a set of Orlandos that look pretty good too: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2713038 No...
  11. J

B4 Passat trouble shifting into 5th

Did you get this fixed? If that adjusting nut is loose or the linkage shifted in that area, you may just need to make a little adjustment. Worse case, the whole piece can be cracked, allowing the linkage some slop and hard shift. ALL my local VW dealers had the plastic shift cable holder in...
  12. J

Water pump bolts seemed very tight on last TB change?

Chris is right about not having to remove the injection pump. I started to do just the water pump front during my last timing belt change, but didn't count the number of bolts in the housing. Stupid me. The prying caused a breakage of the water pump housing. The only problem I ran into was one...
  13. J

Wicked Bummer - '97 B4 wagon seized after one day

Wally, Any chance a piece of carbon has found it's way into a cylinder and jammed it? With 157K on it, if the intake has not been cleaned, it is a good pooosibility. Could explain a lot of the symptoms without a lack of oil.
  14. J

WTB Leather Shifter boot & Leather parking brake handle cover

Seth, Try this site for what you are looking for: http://www.redlinegoods.com/shiftboot.htm I bought new boots for my shifter and e-brake - very nice. No affiliation with company, just a recommendation.
  15. J

shifting problems

dieselherb, Check the linkage at the transmission to see if anything is loose. The top cable bolts to the shifting mechanism and comes loose making it hard to find gears. Another problem could be the plastic piece that connects the upper and lower cables at the same point. I just replaced mine...