Recent content by jafische

1. jafische

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

Install external thermistor unless you live in Canada. I have a 2013 and have been through 4 adblue tanks under VW warranties.
  2. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

Water pump was the culprit. I don't like how the reservoir went to tan though. He said maybe that is what pushed back in it from the engine side. Whereas usually straight coolant is in the tank. Local shop, not dealership. Thought it was a little high..: Water pump Serpentine belt Serpentine...
  3. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

This is where the oil filter housing is, right? That is dry. Would the valve cover give me coolant issues also? I thought that would just paint the engine with oil. This is so frustrating because I meticulously maintain my car my car.
  4. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

I felt all around it. It didn't feel wet. The engine (back) by the firewall and dpf is dripping. Maybe on the side where the serpentine belt is But can't see exactly where it is coming from. I would hope that would be the oil cooler though. Much cheaper!
  5. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

I think I have a blown head gasket. The coolant reservoir went from pink to tan. And the oil leak is more prominent. Dripping out from the plastic belly cover by the front right tire Above my head, towing to a repair shop. Pissed off face emoji
  6. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

That's it. I can't believe it cost that much. I do need to figure out where that oil is coming from. It's not obvious.
  7. jafische

2013 oilpan blanket

Does anybody know where you can buy an oilpan blanket/insulator/cover? I can find every other part for the oilpan, but the blanket. I guess it is named something else! Mine is soaked in oil after 147000 miles.
  8. jafische

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

The 202B is the heater control circuit. The 205B is the Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. I wonder if you would have wired a 3ohm resistor to the red/white (heater), that is that where you needed to trick the car?
  9. jafische

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

What? The resister trick isn't working? I am/was about to try that. My P205B came up again.
  10. jafische

B Pillar clips? Hangers?

What are the plastic hanger clips on the inside of the B Pillar posts? I figure there is some sort of use for it...but can't think of what. Lol
  11. jafische

P026A code and intercooler buildup

So, when I was wiping the lower intercooler out initially with my fingers... it did seem like it was a dark green slime. I though that my old eyes were just playing tricks on me. But, glad you mentioned it. When I did flush it out, hard to tell now... was it dark dark green or was it black...
  12. jafische

And I should seriously think about getting rid of it before it becomes an anchor...?
  13. jafische

whoa whoa... wait a second @oilhammer ... are you saying I am driving a ticking time bomb with 143k miles?
  14. jafische

Great valve kit on the stopper. I bet I have those exact same spare parts in the garage! It did make a mess for sure. And I was jumping out of the way! The second flush, I was able to crack the bottom of the stopper open from the top side of the car. It went much better. Do you think the...