Recent content by Jackbear

1. J

WTB Working 3rd Injector with Needle Lift Sensor for my 1996 B4 tdi Passat wagon

Hi all. I appreciate the wonderful support to get me the right injector . Passat runs again on limp mode. I now find that I probably need a turbocharger for my car . I am putting aside car projects for a few months to take a work assignment. Will stay in touch.
  2. J

WTB Working 3rd Injector with Needle Lift Sensor for my 1996 B4 tdi Passat wagon

Great. Looks right save for plug configuration. Maybe that is the difference of the P/N end in Q rather than H. Did you check resistance?
  3. J

[ I'll grab mine tonight, try cleaning it up to see if I can find a part number and ohm it out for you. It does look exactly the same visually at least.] Thanks; Others are seeing what they have. I might try and get more than one if the price is affordable. Just for a spare. A tdi buff...
  4. J

Nero. Not sure about fitting in an ALH motor - I will have to check my factory manual. I do have the OEM Part # off the injector : 028130202 Q Here is a pic of my dead Lift Sensor wiring coming out of Injector # 3 [ of 4 ] Part Number is stamped around the bottom of the injector. If you...
  5. IMG_20220704_182941.jpg

IMG_20220704_182941.jpg

3rd injector: Needle Lift Sensor for 1995 to 1997 1Z & ALH Passat & Jettas P/N: 028130202 Q
  6. J

Hi Todd. Been awhile. I do know what you mentioned.. What I am seeking is a working 3rd injector for my B4V 1Z so I can put the old nozzle from my dead 3rd injector into a used equivalent injector body that has a working needle lift sensor. I hope that will clear my fault codes enough to allow...
  7. J

Yes I do wish to find a working used injector. Not sure what you mean though by the word "complete". The 3rd in line injector on my 96 tdi Passat is removable from the head as a single complete item that, as far as I know cannot be further disassembled or adjusted. Do you have what I am...
  8. J

WTB Working 3rd Injector with Needle Lift Sensor for my 1996 B4 tdi Passat wagon ••• Jackbear Veteran Member JoinedSep 26, 2004 LocationSilicon Valley TDIPassat, 1996, Charcoal VW P/N # 028130 202 Q Looking for used. Needs to be from a 1995 to 2002 manual shift tdi to match up with the other...
  9. J

How can I raise the front end of my 2000 Golf?

Some good ideas. Thanks everyone. Raising the front with vr6 euro tow springs sounds simple enough. Might try that. The car did get a full inspection when we got it. Nothing abnormal appeared done to the front suspension. Car will need new tires but I hesitate to increase tire diameter and...
  10. J

How can I raise the front end of my 2000 Golf?

Bought the Mk4 2-door Golf 2 years ago for the wife. All is great save for the ground clearance in the front end is lower than our 96 Passat that we are use to driving. Means she, and myself on occasion pull into a parking slot and the cement curb rakes the underside of the Golf before the...
  11. J

My B4V Passat started clattering heavily right after exhaust system repair? What gives.

I will ask the muffler shop to remove the braided flex section and see what changes. Let you know.
  12. J

My B4V Passat started clattering heavily right after exhaust system repair? What gives.

The exhaust system being repaired immediately caused a heavy diesel clattering somewhere in the engine compartment. Muffler shop had no clue as to why and I have yet to locate source of loud noise. Seems to come from manifold / head valves GIVEN: 245 K mi on car body. 122 K on engine. 43 K...
  13. J

My 96 b4v. Front exhaust joint failed. Need to R & R. Entire exhaust system welded. Help / ideas?

Am making slow progress. Will be adding a clamp between the mufflers and the cat converter. Your selections look great for the task: thanks. I will shop about - I need something that fits a 2.25" OD pipe. The toughest matter in this whole flex joint R & R effort was dealing with the welded...
  14. Exhaust System

Exhaust System

photos of flex pipe replacement
  15. B4V_Exh1c.jpg

B4V_Exh1c.jpg

Old broken flex pipe